$5 NLHE 6-max: qq on BTN after utg raise, CO 3 bet

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen villain 1 UTG min bet and fold to a 3bet before... The other V I have never seen before.

I feel like I should 4 bet anyway.

With SB potting it on flop, the dude was tilting and spamming chat, I think it was OK.

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 89.2 BB
Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 143.8 BB
BB: 511.6 BB
UTG: 107 BB
MP: 103.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:heart: Q:diamond:

UTG calls 1 BB, MP raises to 2 BB, CO raises to 5.2 BB, Hero calls 5.2 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 4.2 BB, MP calls 3.2 BB

Flop: (22.2 BB, 4 players) T:spade: 7:spade: 8:spade:
UTG bets 22.2 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 94.8 BB and is all-in, UTG calls 72.6 BB

Turn: (211.8 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:

River: (211.8 BB, 2 players) 8:club:

Hero shows Q:heart: Q:diamond: (Two Pair, Queens and Tens)
(Pre 68%, Flop 3%, Turn 9%)
UTG shows 5:spade: K:spade: (Flush, King High)
(Pre 32%, Flop 97%, Turn 91%)
UTG wins 201.4 BB

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With MP making such a weak isolation raise (pot would be 4.5 BBs and he literally min raises), and the CO's '3 bet' being so weak as well, I would 4 bet my QQ preflop to a reasonable 4 bet amount. At this point, a pot sized 4 bet would be about 20 BBs, or thereabouts.

If UTG limpy fish is STILL going to insist on seeing a flop with his crap hand, then so be it. That flop is one of the worst possible for 2 red Queens, and while I may find a fold on a good day, on many other days I would do what you did and lose a stack.

The main thing is the 4 bet preflop. With the action and bet sizing, I would be happy 4 betting and then calling any shove.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With MP making such a weak isolation raise (pot would be 4.5 BBs and he literally min raises), and the CO's '3 bet' being so weak as well, I would 4 bet my QQ preflop to a reasonable 4 bet amount. At this point, a pot sized 4 bet would be about 20 BBs, or thereabouts.

If UTG limpy fish is STILL going to insist on seeing a flop with his crap hand, then so be it. That flop is one of the worst possible for 2 red Queens, and while I may find a fold on a good day, on many other days I would do what you did and lose a stack.

The main thing is the 4 bet preflop. With the action and bet sizing, I would be happy 4 betting and then calling any shove.

I agree. A min-raise against a limper is almost not even a raise, so this is pretty much a situation, where UTG and UTG+1 both limped, and CO then put in an isolation raise. You HAVE to 3-bet QQ in that situation, even though here its technically a 4-bet. You dont want to take QQ 4-ways and allow everyone and their mother to suck out on you for cheap.

Postflop to me this is a pretty clear fold. We dont even have a spade in our hand, so if he flopped a set or or a small flush, we are essentially drawing dead, and we need to give it some respect, that he donk bet for the size of the pot into 3 other players. He is not doing this with nothing, and even if he have a hand like A5 with the A of spades, he is still going to get there half the time.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
LOL

I agree. A min-raise against a limper is almost not even a raise, so this is pretty much a situation, where UTG and UTG+1 both limped, and CO then put in an isolation raise. You HAVE to 3-bet QQ in that situation, even though here its technically a 4-bet. You dont want to take QQ 4-ways and allow everyone and their mother to suck out on you for cheap.

Postflop to me this is a pretty clear fold. We dont even have a spade in our hand, so if he flopped a set or or a small flush, we are essentially drawing dead, and we need to give it some respect, that he donk bet for the size of the pot into 3 other players. He is not doing this with nothing, and even if he have a hand like A5 with the A of spades, he is still going to get there half the time.

Hi the CC population, thanks everyone for posting. Fundiver199 made a real good and fun comment! When you say that we don't want to take QQ 4-way pot and allow everyone and their respective mothers to suck out on us cheaply! (LMAO). I totally agree.
I agree with the second paragraph as well: We don't have a Spade blocker, the player is out of position in relation to other 3 player, which means that betting that much shows a lot of strength, and as told before, you should've made a very decent 4-bet preflop to isolate the fishes, or if everybody folds you have a pretty decent pot to collect without paying rake, which is lovely and awesome! :love:

Note: We are not playing Cash for stacks a lot of times! What really makes money in the long run at a Cash Table is not our ability to win 100 BB pots, but our ability to win 100 pots of 3 blinds, which is equal to 300 BB. So we must know how to steal and defend versus steal quite a bit, and avoid 100 BB pots. By nature, the great majority of 100 BB pots are either breakeven spots, or high variance spots.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

I

ibetmyho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You absolutely need to 4bet pre. Queens is a strong hand which needs value and protection.
Post flop has become a nightmare as you only flatted.