$5 NLHE 6-max: flopped straight villain 5x's river paired board

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 430 BB (VPIP: 31.25, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 17)
Hero (SB): 224.4 BB
BB: 113.2 BB (VPIP: 45.45, PFR: 45.45, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 13)
UTG: 108.4 BB (VPIP: 8.33, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
MP: 183.2 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 9)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 15.00, PFR: 15.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Th Kc
fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.4 BB, Hero calls 2 BB, BB calls 1.4 BB

Flop : (7.2 BB, 3 players) Qs Jh Ac
Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets 1.8 BB, Hero calls 1.8 BB, fold

Turn : (10.8 BB, 2 players) 3d
Hero checks, BTN bets 16.2 BB, Hero calls 16.2 BB

River : (43.2 BB, 2 players) 3s
Hero checks, BTN bets 409.6 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 204 BB and is all-in

please tell me if I can improve this post in any way this is my first post for a Hand history

1.what range would you put this person on having only a small amount of hands on him I wasn't sure if I can I can include two pair if I was to include it my range would look like this JJ+, AQs-AJs, AQo-AJo is this too nitty of a range or too loose I think its too loose considering he 5x the pot!
2. whats the minimum you would continue with in this situation
3. would you consider calling versus a tag regular at this limit

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too Trappy?

$0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 430 BB (VPIP: 31.25, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
Hero (SB): 224.4 BB
BB: 113.2 BB (VPIP: 45.45, PFR: 45.45, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 13)
UTG: 108.4 BB (VPIP: 8.33, PFR: 8.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
MP: 183.2 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 9)
CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 15.00, PFR: 15.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Th Kc
fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.4 BB, Hero calls 2 BB, BB calls 1.4 BB

Flop : (7.2 BB, 3 players) Qs Jh Ac
Hero checks, BB checks, BTN bets 1.8 BB, Hero calls 1.8 BB, fold

Turn : (10.8 BB, 2 players) 3d
Hero checks, BTN bets 16.2 BB, Hero calls 16.2 BB

River : (43.2 BB, 2 players) 3s
Hero checks, BTN bets 409.6 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 204 BB and is all-in

please tell me if I can improve this post in any way this is my first post for a Hand history

1.what range would you put this person on having only a small amount of hands on him I wasn't sure if I can I can include two pair if I was to include it my range would look like this JJ+, AQs-AJs, AQo-AJo is this too nitty of a range or too loose I think its too loose considering he 5x the pot!
2. whats the minimum you would continue with in this situation
3. would you consider calling versus a tag regular at this limit

Thank you for posting.

The format is good for this post. Do you have HUD numbers for yourself? How you look to others is important.

The HUD numbers suggest a very wide range for this player. When we range players we start out wider and eliminate hands on each street.

Each action our villains take indicate possible holdings. Preflop villains potential range is wide and could include all Ax including A3. A3 could play this way at this limit. It should still be in our range analysis on each street.

Do we have any further data on villain? Bet sizing patterns? How does this betting pattern relate to the player pool's patterns?

In low limit games I have seen this pattern from players, 95% are making big hands on flop and trying to suck you in then max value not bluff? How about your player pool? Is it only sets or 2 pair as well?

Many low limit players will play any flopped 2 pair like this on flop and on turn but not river. How about your player pool?

So why might villain max value AQ or AJ on this river? This relates to your TAG question.

If your player pool had QQ or JJ in the blinds would there be a reraise from those blinds?
If so villain may assume AQ is the nuts. This is 6 max. Is your player pool capable of making that read and acting on it? If no then this is always a set not two pair.

I know you had a straight but would villain credit you a straight after 1.5x betting the turn and only getting called? If not then AQ could value shove again.

The key to this river is why does villain think they are getting called? Is villain putting you on a hand? How does villain put you on a hand that is strong enough to call that shove? Was your turn call enough to suggest you are not folding? Is that common in your player pool?
You played passively throughout yet villain felt you might call with a weak ace?
Poor players may call here as there Ace is now AAQ33. Can villain think that well? (TAG)
Or is villain just bingo betting (LAG) hoping to look like a bluff and get called?

Good TAG players want value on that river with you showing no strength why would a TAG over shove?

I hope this thought exercise was of some help.

On your play, when we are holding the nuts we are piling money in. You did not pile money in until your nut hand was no longer the nuts. Do not worry about folds on the turn they happen.
No matter what happened in this hand, it would have been terrible if the river went check check. That is why we try to pile the money in on the turn. If villain has a set you are all in on turn, from the way this villain plays and that is fine.

Hope this helps

:):)

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out of position when you flop a really strong hand you should check raise. Don't rely on villain to build a pot for you.
There's no need to slow play here.
As played you have to call here.
I am never folding this hand no matter who the villain is.