$5 NLHE 6-max: Do I go for three streets of value with AK ?

P

Papier24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Limit Hold'em $0,02/$0,05
PokerStars
6 players
Formatiert mit pokerpilot.com: Der Poker-HUD für Mac und Windows

Stacks:
UTG - UTG (
$5,07)
MP - MP (
$4,83)
CO - Hero (
$5,68)
BTN - BTN (
$5,00)
SB - SB (
$1,75)
BB - BB (
$5,52)

Preflop: (
$0,07, 6 players) Hero is CO with K♦ A♠
1 fold, MP raises to $0,15, Hero raises to $0,55, 3 folds, MP calls $0,40

Flop:
J♦ 2♦ 6♥ ($1,17, 2 players - Hero: $5,13, MP: $4,28)
MP checks,
Hero bets $0,60, MP calls $0,60

Turn:
A♥ ($2,37, 2 players - Hero: $4,53, MP: $3,68)
MP checks,
Hero bets $1,70, MP calls $1,70

River:
7♥ ($5,77, 2 players - Hero: $2,83, MP: $1,98)
MP checks,
Hero bets $2,77, MP calls $1,98 (all-in), Uncalled bet of $0,79 returned to Hero

Total Pot:
$9,73

Was it the right decision to go for three streets of value or should I have checked for pot control at some point of the hand ?

Villain stats :
VPIP : 33 PFR 21 Agg 3,5 43 hands played

A

Afghani84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would mostly checkbehind the flop here. Nothing you beat will call here and all pocket pairs and AJs/AJo call. As played, turn and river are fine imo.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NH, love it against a 33/21.

2tuzai

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only 45 hands its nothing we don`t know what kind of player op is. X\C line looks weak but what one pair hands call River here? i see only AQ ??

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

+1

only 45 hands its nothing we don`t know what kind of player op is. X\C line looks weak but what one pair hands call River here? i see only AQ ??
6 max players are eager to call, because of so many over agro players there they call a bit too light, especially against aggressive lines, also MP has no full stack meaning he is more likely than not to be closer of fish than shark. He could call TJ for example here quite easily, because if he made a mistake to call it OTT so little money left, villain can't really fold it anymore.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is there any argument for checking turn and river and allowing villain to bet all of his weaker Ax and Jx? it seems to me like he might bet with a wider range when checked to on turn and river than the range he calls with when triple barreled? like he definitely calls Ax and might or might not call with Jx, but i feel like AJ make up a larger percent of his calling range than his betting range?

IDK, not a cash game player. I would check turn, but that might just because im an MTT player primarily

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems to me like he might bet with a wider range when checked to on turn
We're in position, villain has already checked.

Lots of cold feet about stacking TPTK when the SPR is small.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We're in position, villain has already checked.

Lots of cold feet about stacking TPTK when the SPR is small.

right haha, misread the HH :eek:

yeah, in position, gotta bet i think

Q

Quads2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not be surprised when vilain has hit his set of 2s...:D

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO, your pre flop action is fine. I'm getting more aligned with a 1/2 pot bet on the river with a flush draw on board as I'm finding that you get more people to chase that flush, and when it misses they give up on the river, although with you only having ace high on the flop, I might be tempted to bet bigger. A 33/21 player might think you missed and check-raise you, putting you in an awkward spot, so it ultimately comes down with what your comfort is with calling a raise there. If you are, then your bet size could be bigger.

Turn I think most of the time you're not getting called. I tend to think this is a better checking spot because you'll give them more options to bluff the river with. The ace could be a scare card if they think you missed the flop, you now all of a sudden hit and could shut action down.

Considering in this case they call, the river is a no-brainer. Your SPR (Stack Relative to Pot) is less then 1, meaning you have little to no fold equity with a pot bet, and as such they'll have odds to call almost any bet - they get over 4-1 with that river call, so the all in is almost automatic in my opinion.

The real discussion is the turn - I can definitely make an argument to check vs bet there.

What did they show down?

thylmanoid

thylmanoid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bigger bet on the flop I feel is needed here. Turn I agree with CRStals, here is an argument for checking, as now you're telling them you most likely have a flush draw or Jx