$5 NLHE 6-max: Defending vs 3bet TP+draw

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain 10 hands, stat wise (10 hands) he seems to fit ‘normal grinder’ category.

Q1: What to do OTF?
Q2: General comments?

Villain 10 hands, stat wise (only 10 hands) he seems to fit ‘normal grinder’ category.
PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 95.8 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
SB: 125.8 BB
BB: 101.6 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 18.18, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 11)
UTG: 187.8 BB (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
MP: 241.4 BB (VPIP: 29.73, PFR: 27.03, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 37)
Hero (CO): 130.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T 9

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 9.2 BB, fold, Hero calls 6.2 BB

Flop: (19.4 BB, 2 players) 7 T 8
SB bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

Turn: (39.4 BB, 2 players) 4
SB bets 20.8 BB, Hero calls 20.8 BB

River: (81 BB, 2 players) T
SB checks, Hero bets 59.6 BB

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
without info it could be even a fold preflop. T9s ofc looks nice but even on higher stakes it's like borderliner of suited hands. On micro probably this hand won't earn much vs a 3bet. Because ranges are relatively tight, this hand is a drawy hand and you have to bluff with it sometimes and that's not the best idea on stakes with many calling stations and bad players.

On the flop you hit tp+oesd and i'm fan of calling. Probably raise wouldn't be bad, but that guys are too bad and they are not capable to fold their aces here never. You get a good price so I like your line. Nh.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre-flop the call of the 3-bet is ok you have sufficient stack and SB may 3 bet wide as you raised from the CO.

On the flop I would def raise his c-bet most of the time. This flop does not hit his range well and you have a straight draw and loads of outs as you hit also a pair and you have also have a backdoor straight draw.

I like the thin value bet on the river although only high pairs and better hands then yours can/should call you.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good points both about calling T9s. Somehow, I wasn’t paying attention to this at all, thx. (heater effects I assume).

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm i guess online it is easier to not pay attention?

I think T9s in pos. is a fine call preflop, just be prepared to play drawing hands and weakish pairs post. Don't mean to repeat Misaki, but he is absolutely correct.

On the flop, you catch as good of a flop as you can ask for, TP + draw. I like to raise here, this doesn't hit many 3-bet ranges other than Axd. I like to just win it right here and not have to worry about scare cards on the river.

As played, the turn is a call, you have no fours in your range really other than 44, and that flats anyways imo.

Obviously the river is a bet, really we only lose to AT and boats, not sure what other tens or str8 combos he has here. Probably Ax d

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
”Hmm i guess online it is easier to not pay attention?” I would argue that because of so much repetition, ranges should in theory be well defined especially in zoom where normally we play with general ranges due to small hand histories and also because decisions usually are made quite fast (for me 400 hands per hour).

Flop flat gets a two thirds vote with an argument that over pairs do not fold to raise and I do agree that they do not fold these. Two and one third for raising with an argument that flop does not hit the villain.

Against over pairs JJ+ we have 43%. Against missed over cards we have around 70% (just for the sake of it range. AA,AQs+,AKo) , against his AI/ATW range we have around 42% (overpairs, sets, oesd, fd)

Suggesting following conclusion:
On the flop both raising and calling are viable, however given our top pair is not that strong against villain’s over card heavy range on the future streets we mostly should raise for protection, while having enough equity to play for stacks if needed.

And T9s should be fold to 3bet in most cases.