flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a cash player but here's my 2 cents on this hand:
Preflop: Since he's opening with 3.5x instead of 3x, I would 3-bet to around 50-55 cents instead of 45. But it's not that important
Flop: Checking back seems like a bad play to me unless you know that villain likes to attack check-backs. So, I would bet around 40-50% on the flop. For example, he has 88. Would he fold against C-bet on this dry flop? I don't think so. You need to start extract some value from these pocket pairs that will call the flop but give up on the turn.
Turn: Clear bet for value. I'd bet around 60-65% with plan to shove on river. At this point, he should fold all his pocket pairs(JJ,QQ should be easy fold on this turn) and he'll continue with Ax, trips(1combo of quads), slowplayed full-house(AA,KK,A7) and occasionally some flop floats that picked up equity(QTh,JTh,QJh). We have the on of the best hand in this situation and we always should bet here. But that check-raise by him doesn't make sense to me. He's telling that he has trips or slowplayed AA,KK(which is rare on micros, since people likes to 4-bet or click it back with their nutted hands. Also, his sizing. He 4-x check-raised. Would he do it that big with AA,KK when your opponent most likely has nothing? I would more be scared by check-minraise rather than this. I would call this check-raise to play some turns.
River: River is not a heart so some of his sem-bluffs didn't get there. If he shoves there, I would call but wouldn't be super thrilled about it. But when he checks to us, it is a clear value shove. By how he played, he's giving up or has some weak showdown value that he doesn't know what to do(weirdly played Ax,KQ,KJ,QJ). Don't you think that he would shove if he had trips or full house? I would be really really surprised if he showed up with trips or better.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in on the river. What does he even have, that beat you here? Calling a 3-bet out of position with a 7 in his hand, and then check river, when he got a check-raise in on the turn? Makes no sense. Its either a missed heart draw or a weirdly played AQ, AJ etc., and the latter will call, if you go all in.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your check. Most of time it will be AK. But could be slowplayed AA KK or . Villain in you case just overplayed his hand.