$5 NLHE 6-max: Being super aggressive with middle pair + flush draw + OESD

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5NL 6-max zoom on pokerstars. Villain is unknown.

Hero (MP) has $8.78
Villain (BTN) has $8.55

Hero is dealt Jh 9h
SB posts $0.02
BB posts $0.05
UTG folds
Hero (MP) raises to $0.15
CO folds
Villain (BTN) raises to $0.30
SB folds
BB folds
Hero (MP) calls $0.15

$0.64 in pot (2 players)
Flop shows Qh Jd 7h

Hero checks
Villain bets $0.32
Hero raises to $0.99
Villain calls $0.67

$2.54 in pot
Turn shows Td

Hero bets $1.80
Villain raises to $3.60
Hero raises to $7.26 and is ALL-IN

What do you think of the way I played this hand? I generally play combo draws super aggressively (pair + flush draw, OESD + flush draw, etc.). Is this how I should be playing at the micros?

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sort of spewy. When he bets this type of board texture, I don't expect him to be folding a lot to a raise. It hits our perceived range much harder than his. I don't like playing combo draws aggressively because most people, even at 50NL and 100NL, can't find the fold button. Also, I wouldn't recommend playing pair + FD or pair + OESD aggressively. It isolates ourselves against stronger ranges like two pairs/sets, and we'll be drawing super thin against those hands. It's fine to get OESD + FD all-in OTF because we'll always be a favorite against any hand other than bigger combo draws.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm good with the flop check/raise if his c-bet stats indicate he can fold. Our middle pair has pretty much zero showdown value out of position (there's no way we get to showdown profitably). Just keep in mind that our nine is pretty damn dirty. But this isn't a great hand to play for implied odds (just call, try to make our hand cheap) because we're out of position, and our flush/9 outs are scary & obvious.

Betting the turn is okay I suppose, given the T makes a lot of draws, and it's fairly scary.

Shoving over his turn raise is pure spew. He's clearly never folding. Just call, make your draw or don't. If you don't, you save a few bucks.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that villain will not fold here.

Our check raise has less effect here.

I would do the cr too if my stack is deep but not this situation.

bitowl

bitowl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alarm bells should go off preflop unless this guy does those annoying little 3bets very often.

Your turn equity isn't great. Technically you have an OESD but a K rivers gives any ace a higher straight. It might still be a call but jamming in your stack with 0 fold equity is a bad idea.

Overall I'd just play the whole hand more passively. Theres a place to check raise pair+flush draw on the flop but I don't think its after getting small 3bet preflop.

Full Flush Poker