$5 NLHE 6-max: AAA | Trips turn and river decision

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could we have played this hand any differently?

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.02/$0.05 - 5 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: $7.34 (147 bb)
CO: $3.43 (69 bb)
BU: $5.93 (119 bb)
SB: $5.33 (107 bb)
BB (Hero): $5.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with A 3
1 fold, CO raises to $0.17, 2 players fold, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36) A 8 A (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.08) 7 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.93, CO calls $0.88

River: ($2.94) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.97 (all-in), BB (Hero) folds

Total pot: $2.94 (Rake: $0.14)
CO wins $2.80

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
fold preflop, i'm joking
CO bets $0.05 in the turn, probably with a flush or fullhouse, but is a strange size...
i don't know.... i would call this river, to not think all day about what hand this guy had

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
A3s is a good 3-betting hand, but calling from BB is not a losing play either.

Flop
You obviously have to call, but note that your hand is only a bluff catcher. Any other AX has you outkicked, and he could have a boat as well. You are only ahead of a flush draw or a complete airball bluff.

Turn
Pretty bad card, because now you only beat a complete airball. He made the classic fish bet, and the way to react to that is to just pretend, he checked. Since you only beat an airball bluff, which is giving up, there is no point in betting, so you should check back (call).

River
As the hand played out, I think, we can pretty confidently say, that he had AX with a heart, and probably a good one like Axkh or AxQh. Nothing to do now other than give up.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The board ran out horribly and I think you have to fold. There's a chance you might have got lucky on that run out and saved money vs his bigger Ace or full house, though.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd just call that turn min-raise and decide on river depanding on what he does. Rest is ok played. As played fold the river everytime

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
don't get why others are considering just check calling turn min bet. Why do you want to let a bdfd get there cheaply?
I'm raising turn as well. river seems like a fold vs this player.
I like lead jamming river vs some players tho. Because the'd hardly have K-Jhx as played

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played well. As someone else mentioned, your hand really only is a bluff catcher... we're still calling that pot-sized flop bet. The guy could be betting out JJ-KK there too.

Turn there isn't really much to do but check and decide. When he min-bets, I didn't take it as strength as others did... I also would consider a raise, though I would bet smaller than you did. Really, you'd only want to bet enough to make a flush draw unprofitable. (imho) 1/3 pot is sufficient.

Check river and decide. Lead jamming river is an interesting play too, and would likely get some folds. As played it looks like he has a flush now, so best get away from it.