Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I understand this call, the other guy is short stack, but all-in with A8 is pretty loose in my opinion.
in long term, this play is (-EV)

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you Bull!
After some self evaluation prior to reading your much appreciated feedback, I agree with you. My thinking was that his range was very wide but nonetheless A/8 falls into the negative EV category

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have folded, when the action first got to you. UTG at 6-max you need at least AT to enter the pot, unless its suited, and even AT is very marginal. Some players prefer to only open AJ or better. Since your hand was to weak to even enter the pot, its pretty obvious, that you should also not call a 3-bet. I would say, you generally need at least AQ to call it off, unless you have some read on Villain, that he is an absolute maniac.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A8o should never be an open from UTG at a 6 max table. And after doing that, I would not have called villain's shove.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A8o this is easy fold from the UTG, and mistake all-in with A8 is pretty loose.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop always a fold from UTG

How much equity do you have against his range? Around 35% against his shoving range but that's including the bottom of his range 99-55 KQs QJs. Against the top of his range this drops to around 25% in this instance he was at the bottom but still ahead of you

I think it's a definite fold here unless you have history of him shoving a lot worse. even KQ QJ have good equity against you here always a fold and definitely -EV

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get he has 25 BBs so he can be shoving light, but to go from .14 to 1.43. That's a huge raise! You can easily give up the .14

I mean sure he can have KQs, JTs, 98s, but you can also be a 3:1 dog vs a bigger Ace. Or maybe a pocket pair above 88 has you at 30% except vs AA. It's not worth it man. 0.14 is not something to dwell on. Easy fold for me.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opening that hand was bad. Shoving worse. You should remove all of that from your game. A8 off is a garbage hand from any position. It's only value is in the A blocker, and that ace can cost you a lot of money over time.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) A8o is a Fold from UTG and MP maybe even CO
2) you should play tighter with a short stack in the blinds
3) calling a squeeze is a bad idea. Called behind you might have trapped and is full stacked.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You should never open A8o from utg, that's losing money.