Stacks:
UTG carora2009 ($109.6BB) 110bb
UTG+1 LjutaTica ($111BB) 111bb
CO Ramirres ($102.2BB) 102bb
BTN P1ooD ($111BB) 111bb
SB madsen2910 ($139.8BB) 140bb
BB Hero ($100BB) 100bb

Pre-Flop: (1.4BB, 6 players) Hero is BB 9 J
1 fold, LjutaTica raises to 3BB, 2 folds, madsen2910 calls 2.6BB, Hero calls 2BB
Flop: 10 9 J ($9BB, 3 players)

madsen2910 checks, Hero checks, LjutaTica bets 5.8BB, madsen2910 folds, Hero calls 5.8BB

Turn: Q ($20.6BB, 2)
Hero checks, LjutaTica checks River: Q ($20.6BB, 2)

Hero checks, LjutaTica bets 13.2BB, Hero folds

Hey guys during that hand I was pretty lost so asking you for some tips.
MP seems nitty 14/12 43 hands, SB is a 66/0 rec after 33 hands
Preflop I was wondering about squeezing but I guess calling is fine too?
Few questions about sqz:
1. In general I should sqz less OOP vs early opens especially vs tight players but with a fish in a pot should I make some adjustments?
2. Do you sqz suited 1 gappers like J9s here?

Postflop:
Whats your plan for the flop hitting 2 pairs on a wet board? As played I think that after him checking a turn there is possibility to bluff river but is Q pairing board a good hand for that? I could fold better hands like Jx and overpairs.

Thanks

CheesyToast

CheesyToast

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the call pre is fine, unless you're using a merged 3-betting range. Your hand plays fairly well multi-way. However, I think a check-raise is in order on this flop. You've got a strong holding that's not likely to improve, with lots of scary turns to show up for you. I think villain is perfectly capable of calling your check-raise with AJ or QJ, 9T, 89, and probably hands that have 2 clubs and a straight draw. While you have a hand that beats these, you want to get the money in! If he re-raises you, you can safely fold.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as pre, I like calling because the hand plays well MW, but in general, squeezes when fish are in the pot are great, if they don't like to fold. If you can get a bad player ISO'd against a perceived stronger range, that's generally a good spot.

As played, I'd donk this flop. It's MW and you don't know for sure if MP is betting. If it checks through, there's a lot of bad turns for you. I don't hate check-calling. Donking > c/c > c/r. Really you almost never want to CR here unless you're just against a bad opponent.

As played, based on the stats and runout, a river c/f is fine.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah you can check raise this flop for value. Calling is also fine.
Pretty rough spot here. You think a straight would bet turn.
With the flush getting there on the river he probably doesn't have many bluffs in his range here so folding river is good in the long run.

M

malaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good play,GG good fold on the river!

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it worth a raise on the flop for me. when u did call the flop your check fold looks the right thing to do to me