$5 NLHE 6-max: $5 NLHE 6-max: Thinking i should have raised the river here.

J

Jorel Antonius

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players

SB: 95.4 BB (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)
BB: 61.6 BB (VPIP: 15.22, PFR: 8.70, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 46)
CO: 104.2 BB (VPIP: 30.77, PFR: 30.77, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
Hero (BTN): 134.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T T

CO raises to 3.4 BB, Hero calls 3.4 BB, SB calls 3 BB, fold

Flop: (11.2 BB, 3 players) 8 4 6
SB checks, CO bets 8 BB, Hero calls 8 BB, fold

Turn: (27.2 BB, 2 players) 2
CO bets 13 BB, Hero calls 13 BB

River: (53.2 BB, 2 players) A
CO bets 25.2 BB, Hero calls 25.2 BB

CO shows J 9 (Flush, Jack High)
(Pre 32%, Flop 97%, Turn 100%)
Hero shows T T (Flush, Ten High)
(Pre 68%, Flop 3%, Turn 0%)
CO wins 98.6 BB

1.6 BB was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

Im thinking here that if I raise the turn or the river i can make him fold. Then again maybe not he may have just called. Yes I knew i should raise pre and looking back if i had then I may have pushed him off on a turn raise.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop is definitely a 3bet. You still get calls from worse hands like PP and I believe a dynamic in 4 max is more aggresive so you don't want to get a squeeze or play 3-4 way pot with TT.

Flop- call is pretty standard.

Turn- probably a fold. Ok he bets 50% but I use such a same sizing with my nuts because I don't expect too many calls. People like to level yourself, because sometimes they read it as a weakness. Of course that bet size could mean also a worse flush but for me on the turn is just a fold. You don't need to level yourself and take move variance spots to beat these stakes.

River- as played I would never raise here. It would be a total spazz. You can't be sure if he is not betting that with Ax or Kx. In my opinion you saw J9s and you are results oriented now and you started to think about bluffing him. You don't need this on nl5.

J

Jorel Antonius

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop is definitely a 3bet. You still get calls from worse hands like PP and I believe a dynamic in 4 max is more aggresive so you don't want to get a squeeze or play 3-4 way pot with TT.

Flop- call is pretty standard.

Turn- probably a fold. Ok he bets 50% but I use such a same sizing with my nuts because I don't expect too many calls. People like to level yourself, because sometimes they read it as a weakness. Of course that bet size could mean also a worse flush but for me on the turn is just a fold. You don't need to level yourself and take move variance spots to beat these stakes.

River- as played I would never raise here. It would be a total spazz. You can't be sure if he is not betting that with Ax or Kx. In my opinion you saw J9s and you are results oriented now and you started to think about bluffing him. You don't need this on nl5.

Thanks for the assesment. I think your right i saw J9 amd was focused on the results. From now on ill post without the results. I shoulda 3bet and missed value most of the time here. your right the turn and given how he fired again on a 4flush board is a fold. thanks again for the analysis.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, a fold on the turn would be acceptable. It is really hard to bet this card without a large heart, really the A or K. 2 pair/ sets basically shut down, and weak flushes are looking to see a cheap showdown.

As for raising the turn i am not a fan either, sometimes it works but you can never tell how sticky nl5 players will be.