$5 NLHE 6-max

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my own analysis, I like my flop check, turn call is probably ok since he still have some equity, but river bet is way too thin.

Also, on KQJ I'm not sure what my range should do. Shouldn't I be betting this almost 100%? Maybe check with underpairs + weak draws? I'm not sure how to split up my range here.

V is 26/21 with a 3 bet of 11. He cannot have KQ, KJs or AJs (I've given him off suit AJ + KJ) but I've seen him call from the blinds with rag kinds, aces etc. Probably down to K7o here.

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 114 BB
CO: 84.4 BB
Hero (BTN): 104.6 BB
SB: 34.8 BB
BB: 119.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.4 BB, fold, BB calls 1.4 BB

Flop: (5.2 BB, 2 players) K:spade: Q:heart: J:spade:
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (5.2 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
BB bets 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

River: (11.2 BB, 2 players) 5:heart:
BB checks, Hero bets 5.6 BB...

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5 NLHE 6-max: AA on 578dd, 9d turn do we bet?

V wouldn't xr bluff too often... is the turn a 1/2 pot?

BB: 238.6 BB
UTG: 179.8 BB
Hero (CO): 100 BB
BTN: 100 BB
SB: 286.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB, UTG posts penalty blind 1.4 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.8 BB) Hero has A:club: A:heart:

UTG checks, Hero raises to 3.4 BB, fold, SB calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (9.2 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: 7:diamond: 8:spade:
SB checks, Hero bets 6.8 BB, SB calls 6.8 BB

Turn: (22.8 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:
SB checks, Hero checks

River: (22.8 BB, 2 players) J:club:
SB bets 9 BB, fold

SB wins 21.8 BB

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the low quality post- I was exhausted yesterday (clearly shouldn't have been playing poker!) These were meant to be 2 separate threads with actual titles. I apologize. (yea, I guess I was out of it).

Any comments on either of the two hands would be helpful.

The first I'm asking about what my range should be doing on a wet/connected flop.
The second is just a hand about an overpair vs an unknown fish on a connected flop.
Sorry again. I'll have to drink some coffee next time before I post!

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should definitely be playing a bit more aggressive here with how draw heavy the board is. Reason being that villain is going to call with all Tx and flush draws which you block straight. Hands like QT and JT are calling the flop and most likely the turn. If turn does come a T then your in a good position to profit. Not only this, with position you can bluff strong here also on the turn when villain does call with his Kx and two pair hands.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is in regard to the 1st hand

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my own analysis, I like my flop check, turn call is probably ok since he still have some equity, but river bet is way too thin.

Also, on KQJ I'm not sure what my range should do. Shouldn't I be betting this almost 100%? Maybe check with underpairs + weak draws? I'm not sure how to split up my range here.

V is 26/21 with a 3 bet of 11. He cannot have KQ, KJs or AJs (I've given him off suit AJ + KJ) but I've seen him call from the blinds with rag kinds, aces etc. Probably down to K7o here.

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q A

Flop: (5.2 BB, 2 players) K Q J
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (5.2 BB, 2 players) 6

River: (11.2 BB, 2 players) 5
In that texture ur rangue wanths to Cbet 100% u could split it with 2/3pot cbets and 1/3 cbets but i dont have a x rangue in there, you have all nuts(ATs,ATo) u have the top sets KK,QQ,JJ he had non,the rangue advantage there is so big that u can 3barrels with lots off hands and he can onlly call with ATo and u are bloquing a lot off combos.
I dont like the bet river,u put yourself in x/calling wish is good because you have a good showdonw hand,but u dont have a value hand to be betting there.
I will tell you wath i would have do there.
3 barrrels with nuts strait,sets off KK,QQ and JJ and would have polarized that strong rangue with JTo(dont have showdonw and is bloquing the nuts). Why i dont do it with AQo(is bloquing the nuts too) because is the 2 best hand you have to bluffcatch him(the best is AK). So i would have bet 1/3 with that hand and all other hands in my rangue, xback T and Call river iff he bets or bet 1/3 on river to extrat from medium pair(but fold iff i face a raise we dont block the flush),half pot there is a neutral bet u dont know iff u are bluffing or valueing.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry for the low quality post- I was exhausted yesterday (clearly shouldn't have been playing poker!) These were meant to be 2 separate threads with actual titles. I apologize. (yea, I guess I was out of it).

Any comments on either of the two hands would be helpful.

The first I'm asking about what my range should be doing on a wet/connected flop.
The second is just a hand about an overpair vs an unknown fish on a connected flop.
Sorry again. I'll have to drink some coffee next time before I post!
In the second one you get the worse flop for AA,he could have all set and doubles and straits,i hate thouse textures with AA,you had 2 options Check/Call him(so u let him buff ) iff he goes maniac them u fold, or bet 1/3 flop, 1/4 T and 1/4 R so u control the pot and get to showdonw a minimun cost. Is hard to play OOP when flop is not favoravel so you have to try to control the pot, iff he raises you them he give you an easy way out.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q A

Flop: (5.2 BB, 2 players) K Q J
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (5.2 BB, 2 players) 6

River: (11.2 BB, 2 players) 5

On the flop I like more the check with more stronger holdings such as KJ, KQ, KK, QQ, JJ, and AT of course. Great part of our Ax and Tx range is c-betting this flop.
I don't understand why to give free equity for players out of position, on the river we don't know anymore if we want to get paird for Jx, worst Queens or if this is ever possible.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa