$5 NLHE 6-max: 3 barrel bluff - is this a spazz?

S

synkro7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Hero (BTN): $5.54 (110.8 bb)SB: $5.00 (100 bb)

BB: $6.90 (138 bb)

UTG: $4.92 (98.4 bb)

MP: $5.12 (102.4 bb)

CO: $6.37 (127.4 bb)

SB posts $0.02, BB posts $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K A

2 folds, CO raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, CO calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.67, 2 players) 2 Q 5

CO checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.17, 2 players) J

CO checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70

River: ($2.57, 2 players) J

CO checks, Hero bets $2.10, fold

no info on villain: 33/22 after 9 hands only

Flop: Cbetting dry board with positional and range advantage having 6 outs to improve. He's calling with Qx type of hands and pocket pairs JJ and lower.

Turn: I felt here that I should continue betting. Overcard outs might still be good and also I have gutshot.

River: Here I was like "he cant have much Jx type of hand so I need to bet here to fold out AQ". I really have mixed feelings about that hand...

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the line. I wouldn't call it a spazz at all. Could very well be bluffing the best hand but I would play this the same way. Well, I should play this the same way but usually I wuss out on the river and they show me A5. :bike:

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ does not fold the river here, ever.

It smells like your opponent has 88-TT, so the triple barrel isn’t the worst idea. Your smaller flop bet made it better to 3-bang this as well.

The first two look standard to me, 3rd depends on your image, reads of villain. Stats like fold to 3-bet, steal %, fold to cbet matter here.

I probably just fire two bullets here, but if it felt right in the moment, I wouldn’t talk you out of it.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not a good runout to barrel out on in a COvs BTN spot in a 3-bet pot. If your opponent is calling the turn there, they should always be calling the river for that price. Him folding was basically you took advantage of a bad player (which you didn't know if he was at micro stakes). Ie, he made a mistake, which is what micro player will do sometimes.

I would say, don't get in the habit of barrelling on bad runouts because better players will call you down in that spot.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop
No problem here would cbet a big bigger in micro games though as it though to get them to fold most of the time.
Turn
Your gut shot isnt enough to barrel again and what do you think will fold
River
What will fold on this board? You got lucky in my opinion a decent player with a Q in his hand will call you down here and a decent player would not call both the flop and turn with less.

R

rudar9111

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyvon on cardschat a Worldwide Poker Community,i m new and i m hope to help me to prove my skill in poker:wink: