$400 NLHE Full Ring: Dump massive hand preflop?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero has been pretty TAG at this table. stacked around 400 BB ($2000)

Villain is also TAG, not much else on him.

Hero is in EP
Riases to 20 with Ks Kd
Folds to villain in mp,
Villain 3-bets to 100
Folds back to hero
Hero 4-bets to 350
Villain 5-bets all in.

Is this a time when folding kings is acceptable? Its hard to see him doing this with anything less than maybe KK, which there is only one combo left for. QQ probably just flats my oop 4-bet

AK seems the most probable hand other than aces, but we have a lot of those combos blocked as well.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So pot is 2350 and you need to put in 1650 more for the call.

Difficult as you don't have more information on the villain. But a solid TAG should be capable of taking this line with AK (as that vastly reduces your AA and KK combos) and there are still 8 combos of those and only 6 AA. Another thing to take into account is that he might just flat with AA on your 4 bet and get it in on the flop as you will most likely c-bet the flop.

Would call the 5-bet as I believe that without more information it has more equity then folding.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does Villain have you covered here?

I guess regardless, without more information, I would call. I think you need a little better read on villain before I would lay down Kings preflop to a 5bet all in for the reasons Hujiko stated.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he covers you this spot sucks but I think we have to call and if he has AA we ship him the money

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, yes villain has me covered. thanks for feedback. I call, he shows AA, i river a king to take a big pot.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands