$400 NLHE 6-max: KQo Isolates Over Limps!

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

NL Holdem 2/4(BB)
SB ($60) [VPIP: 53.2% | PFR: 1.3% | AGG: 20% | hands: 77]
HERO ($412) [VPIP: 24.7% | PFR: 12.5% | AGG: 23% | Flop Agg: 24.7% | Turn Agg: 19.9% | River Agg: 23.6% | 3-Bet: 5% | 4-Bet: 20.3% | Hands: 31117]
UTG ($415) [VPIP: 31.5% | PFR: 11.1% | AGG: 21.6% | Hands: 559]
HJ ($258) [VPIP: 18.2% | PFR: 4.4% | AGG: 14% | Flop Agg: 9.9% | Turn Agg: 15.9% | River Agg: 19.4% | 3-Bet: 1% | 4-Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 16.3% | Hands: 824]
CO ($226) [VPIP: 56.5% | PFR: 4.3% | AGG: 37.6% | Hands: 70]
BTN ($385) [VPIP: 67.6% | PFR: 16.2% | AGG: 39.4% | Hands: 74]

Dealt to Hero: K:club: Q:spade:

UTG Folds, HJ Calls $4, CO Calls $4, BTN Calls $4, SB Calls $2, HERO Raises To $24, HJ Calls $20, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Folds

Hero SPR on Flop: [3.9 effective]
Flop ($60): 5:heart: T:club: J:spade:
HERO Bets $30 (Rem. Stack: $358), HJ Raises To $104 (Rem. Stack: $130), HERO Calls $74 (Rem. Stack: $284)

Turn ($268): 5:heart: T:club: J:spade: 8:diamond:
HERO Checks, HJ Bets $130 (allin), HERO Calls $130 (Rem. Stack: $154)

what do u think about preflop raise?
we get a limp call from utg who is pretty passivish and tight also!
should we check on this board or is the the cbet good here oop? should we bet small or checking is better on this board?
when villian raises here i can instantly put him on two pair and sets as he is passive and can only raise against preflop aggressor with two pair plus here, should we fold here with oesd and two overcards?
what do u think about turn play?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
When the initial limper is one of these tight-passive guys like a 18/4, I am not totally thrilled about isolating KQo out of position. He is rarely going to fold, so you are just helping him build the pot, when he has position on you and a decent hand strenght, because he only limp hands, that would have been good enough to raise.

Flop
Think its fine to C-bet with your OESD. You can certainly get some better hands to fold. 22-44 and 66-99 cant stand to much heat on a board like this, so if he dont fold them on the flop, you can probably barrel them off on the turn. His worst AX dont have much going on either, so there is definitely some fold equity here.

However you got raised, and now you need to decide between fold, call or jam. I would rule out jamming first, because I dont think, there is any fold equity, so you would only be getting it in behind. As for calling its basically a math decision. You are calling 74 to win a pot of 268, so you need 27,8% equity to call.

You dont quite have that, if you see your hand as a 1-card draw towards a better hand, but you are drawing to the nuts, and I do think, you have a good chance of getting his last 130, if you make a straight on the turn. You also have two overcards, than can be partially live, if for instance he is raising AJ or QQ.

Turn
Now its even more a straight math decision, and you are getting around 3:1, so you need 25% equity to break even. You can use a free program like Equilap for this kind of calculation, which of course is something, you need to practice off the table. Depending on what range, you assign him, you probably have somewhere between 21 and 28% equity, so its kind of close, but against someone with those passive stats I prefer a fold. I just dont think, its very likely, he show up here with another KQ, which is really kind of the best, you can hope for.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the pre-flop and the flop well but I would have checked / fold on the turn, when a passive player makes me that kind of move I prefer to fold and give him the pot, I hope you managed to hit your straight and win hand but for me it was fold on the turn