$400 NLHE 6-max: AA From CO vs LAG

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

blinds 2/4
HJ ($239) [VPIP: 43.5% | PFR: 8.4% | AGG: 15.2% | hands: 563]
HERO ($613) [VPIP: 23.9% | PFR: 11.8% | AGG: 23.1% | Flop Agg: 24.2% | Turn Agg: 21.1% | River Agg: 23.4% | 3-Bet: 4.3% | 4-Bet: 18.9% | Hands: 15918]
BTN ($218) [VPIP: 47.5% | PFR: 7.9% | AGG: 33.4% | Flop Agg: 29.9% | Turn Agg: 37.9% | River Agg: 34.3% | 3-Bet: 5.6% | 4-Bet: 100% | Cold Call: 47.5% | Hands: 381]
SB ($96) [VPIP: 56.2% | PFR: 3.4% | AGG: 23.6% | Hands: 89]
BB ($159) [VPIP: 52.6% | PFR: 5.3% | AGG: 30.2% | Hands: 58]
UTG ($376) [VPIP: 50.7% | PFR: 1.5% | AGG: 19.5% | Hands: 67]

Dealt to Hero: A:spade: A:heart:

UTG Folds, HJ Folds, HERO Raises To $12, BTN Calls $12, SB Folds, BB Folds

Hero SPR on Flop: [6.87 effective]
Flop ($30): 5:club: 6:heart: 3:heart:
HERO Bets $23 (Rem. Stack: $578), BTN Calls $23 (Rem. Stack: $183)

Turn ($76): 5:club: 6:heart: 3:heart: 6:diamond:
HERO Bets $38 (Rem. Stack: $540), BTN Calls $38 (Rem. Stack: $145)

River ($152): 5:club: 6:heart: 3:heart: 6:diamond: 4:spade:
HERO Checks, BTN Bets $64 (Rem. Stack: $81), HERO???

the villian was a loose players and i had bluffcatched him many times but in this session he was just little passive but overall a big hearted bluffer

what do u think about flop and turn?
on the river is the check good from hero, should hero call as villian can have some busted flush draws but the hero has a blocker also, the only value combos i see villian can have which he bets is 77,78! what do u guys think?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing almost 50% VPIP I think V has much more value than just 77, 78. He should also have 33, 44, 55, 66, 56s, 67s, maybe even 64s. Even so, you should have some idea how he plays value and bluffs over almost 400 hands. For this sizing I think we have to defend the top of our range on the river if V has any bluffs at all, think MDF. And given the description and history where you've caught him bluffing before I think this is a snap call. He will have it quite often but you only have to be correct 23% of the time to break even. So if you can find one bluff combo for every 3 value combos it's a snap call. Sucks that we have the Ace of hearts which blocks a lot of his bluffs but I still think he has enough bluffs to call here. Had he potted it or overbet it would be a much tougher spot.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A bigger bet size on the turn may have been an option, but either way, as played, with that bet size on the river and the size of the pot, I think you definitely call on the river.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
He just flated pre/flop/turn i don't think he has a strong hand, he might think that you had Ax of heart and you missed your draw so he bets the river and he has something.. maybe 88 or 99. in your place will jam the river after his bet.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing almost 50% VPIP I think V has much more value than just 77, 78. He should also have 33, 44, 55, 66, 56s, 67s, maybe even 64s. Even so, you should have some idea how he plays value and bluffs over almost 400 hands. For this sizing I think we have to defend the top of our range on the river if V has any bluffs at all, think MDF. And given the description and history where you've caught him bluffing before I think this is a snap call. He will have it quite often but you only have to be correct 23% of the time to break even. So if you can find one bluff combo for every 3 value combos it's a snap call. Sucks that we have the Ace of hearts which blocks a lot of his bluffs but I still think he has enough bluffs to call here. Had he potted it or overbet it would be a much tougher spot.

Dont you think the sizing on river looks very value oriented?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont you think the sizing on river looks very value oriented?
Yes, it looks scary for our AA given the run out but we have caught this guy bluffing several times already. If you're telling me that every other time he's bluffing he uses larger sizing so we want to exploitatively fold the top of our range here then maybe I can get on board since we block the Ace of hearts. But without a VERY strong read I think our fold becomes too exploitable. What if V was using a blocker bet on a scary board because he didn't want to call a big river bet and didn't know what to do with 99 or TT? With our PFR percentage we may not be opening 33, and 55 at 100% frequency so our value range is minuscule. When we check the river we pretty much never have a boat or a straight so our next best possible hand is likely AA. Had we gone for 3 streets and got raised I would fold. But given the check, I'm calling here for this price. I expect to lose most of the time, but we only have to be right 1 out of 4 times to break even so I don't think it's that close. Against a nittier player it's a different story but given the reads you've provided I would look him up for this price.

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it looks scary for our AA given the run out but we have caught this guy bluffing several times already. If you're telling me that every other time he's bluffing he uses larger sizing so we want to exploitatively fold the top of our range here then maybe I can get on board since we block the Ace of hearts. But without a VERY strong read I think our fold becomes too exploitable. What if V was using a blocker bet on a scary board because he didn't want to call a big river bet and didn't know what to do with 99 or TT? With our PFR percentage we may not be opening 33, and 55 at 100% frequency so our value range is minuscule. When we check the river we pretty much never have a boat or a straight so our next best possible hand is likely AA. Had we gone for 3 streets and got raised I would fold. But given the check, I'm calling here for this price. I expect to lose most of the time, but we only have to be right 1 out of 4 times to break even so I don't think it's that close. Against a nittier player it's a different story but given the reads you've provided I would look him up for this price.
i agree. but what do u mean by villian can be block betting? villian is in position they can just check back!

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree. but what do u mean by villian can be block betting? villian is in position they can just check back!
My mistake. Was looking at too many different hands at the same time and mixed up the action. You're correct. He can indeed just check some value behind. The question remains whether he can bet any weaker hands for value after we check river and / or have some missed draws that will use this sizing as a bluff often enough to make this call profitable. You would know better than me but given the description, I tend to think he does.