PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone

Villain 27/24/0 over 43 hands.

Hate spots like this as the player pool at these stakes aren't really capable of tripple barrel bluffing.Could i even make an exploitbale turn fold,any thoughts weclome.Cheers.

[converted_hand][hand_history]iPoker - £0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

Hero (CO): £4.36 (109 bb)
BTN: £5.09 (127.3 bb)
SB: £4.18 (104.5 bb)
BB: £4.00 (100 bb)

SB posts £0.02, BB posts £0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: £0.06) Hero has Q A
Hero raises to £0.10, BTN raises to £0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls £0.25

Flop: (£0.76, 2 players) T Q 8
Hero checks, BTN bets £0.53, Hero calls £0.53

Turn: (£1.82, 2 players) 5
Hero checks, BTN bets £1.27, Hero calls £1.27

River: (£4.36, 2 players) 4
Hero checks, BTN bets £2.18, Hero?

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough spot, but i would generally call this down especially with the suits we have, probably best ones to call down with, not blocking any fd+straight combos and blocking aces, i mean i only see us losing to 1010 and kings but some players wont take that line with kings on micros either, also blocking potential backdoor nut fd seems kinda good considering they should barrel all the bd fds picked up on turn imo, so yeah i generally like to call down hands like this, take a note on the opponent for sure after u see what he had if u decide to call in a spot like this

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So true that most players wont tipple barrel bluff so fold on river as what can he bluff with?

On the river with the backdoor flush draw arriving what can he have that he bluffed with if hes not a maniac? AK of spades could play this way or total maniacal play. Sets could play this way (QQ and TT total of 4 combos) or an overvalued AA or KK. As always most of the time on the river there are more value combos then bluff combos so fold.

And based on type of player you could indeed fold on turn already.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think definitely there are more value combos than reasonable bluff AJss, AKss so I will fold river.

Also I don't flat AQo in 3bet pot OOP so may choose to 4bet preflop against aggressive BTN or fold pre.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold this river check raise also.

But even worse I would probably bet the river about 30% when the diamond falls and represent the flush. We have the A so he can't have the nut flush.

Is KJ or K9 to the straight really in his preflop re-raise range? Were behind AA, KK, sets or the runner-runner flush.

I think the only way to win this hand is to bet the river.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is though i think the decision is on the turn, if u call the turn you have to call the river if blank. i think the diamond doesn't matter it is still a blank to me on the river.
the button 3 bet does not mean to notch hands that's why for me it's a call

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call here. Btn vs co 3bet range is quite wide.
He could take this line with kq and kj