£4 NLHE 6-max: Snap min-raise from the loose fish on the River. What could he have?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
£4 NLHE 6-max: Snap min-raise from the loose fish on the River. What could he have?

Loose fish who plays every hand (100% VPIP), but information only about seven hands, so not that accurate number. He raised my value bet with immediate min-raise. Does he have eight in his hand or something else? What he represents with this move? Was a very tough decision for me.

iPoker - £0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 145.25 BB (VPIP: 68.06, PFR: 26.39, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 76)
BTN: 71 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: 100.00, Hands: 7)
Hero (SB): 158 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K A

BTN calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, BTN calls 4 BB

Flop: (11 BB, 2 players) 9 5 8
Hero bets 7.5 BB, BTN calls 7.5 BB

Turn: (26 BB, 2 players) 8
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (26 BB, 2 players) K
Hero bets 12 BB, BTN raises to 24 BB

??????

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be anything from 99 55 8x worse kx to some air/missed draws id just be calling as the price is just so good vs a player type that can take very random lines with all sorts.

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even a broken clock is right 2x a day. With a 100% VPIP, he could literally have anything. And to pay 12BB to win 62BB... it's hard not to call this one. 7 hands is not very much history... what was villain's AF post-flop? If he has been playing fit-or-fold or calling pretty much all game, and all of a sudden raises for the first time... the action would definitely raise some eyebrows. Still, it would be hard not to call with this though...

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would expect most of the time villain has you beat. 8x and K9, perhaps 76s, 55. But vs loose image I think need to call to find out

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I should to make the bet what hand had the BTN, I bet K6/K7. I believe there was much more hands that sicker than yours but sometimes he'll have stronger hands like traping with 8-9 etc.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its never ideal to get raised on the river, but that being said I am just never folding in this spot. We need to win this 1 in 6 times to break even, and against someone like this I think, we are winning way more often than that. So I am beating this guy into the pot, and if he happened to put a cooler on me this time, good for him.

As for his range he checked back turn, which is kind of weird, if he had trips or better. So other than some strange slow-play he is only really representing exactly K9. And god knows, what else a player like this might show up with. Maybe he is raising KQ or KJ “for value”, or he just have some random bluff.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off, the flop hits your opponents range more than it hits your range. You should be checking here most of the time. Getting over 5:1 on the river, it's near impossible to fold when you don't have hands on your opponents. Especially versus someone who limp calls the button. You'll see enough random stuff and worse Kx here for it to be a profitable call.

Your opponents range is made straight, 8x (yes he will check the turn here w/ trips), Kx, and air.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
First off, the flop hits your opponents range more than it hits your range. You should be checking here most of the time. Getting over 5:1 on the river, it's near impossible to fold when you don't have hands on your opponents. Especially versus someone who limp calls the button. You'll see enough random stuff and worse Kx here for it to be a profitable call.

Your opponents range is made straight, 8x (yes he will check the turn here w/ trips), Kx, and air.

I must second the advice about checking this kind of wet flops when you have ace high.

Just take the free card - the loose, bad players almost never fold anything on this flop, but if you are betting for value is it at best very thin.

Bet mostly when you actually hit or have a good draw.

It would have been a smaller pot and easier to call his mini-rerasise on the river.

You don't have to c-bet every time - especially not against this type of players and this kind of flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with checking the flop especially against a huge whale like this. They are often fairly honest, so you get a lot of free information by checking and get one step closer to showdown with, what might be the best hand, but cant really bet multible streets for value.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call on the river that should not be even close to a hard decision. Also why do you bet that flop oop vs a loose player.. you just give money away