€4 NLHE 6-max: Should I Call This With My Aces? (Possible Flush)

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 38/14/1

WTSD: 38, FFCB:57.

He went all-in with his short stack. Should I call? He is passive, so maybe I made the wrong decision? The pot odds are 2.56. How can I calculate this situation?

iPoker - €0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: 177.5 BB (VPIP: 24.51, PFR: 13.08, 3Bet Preflop: 2.27, hands: 3,388)
CO: 52 BB (VPIP: 36.49, PFR: 13.51, 3Bet Preflop: 4.88, Hands: 76)
BTN: 59.75 BB (VPIP: 22.89, PFR: 21.69, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 87)
Hero (SB): 125 BB
BB: 82.25 BB (VPIP: 47.37, PFR: 1.32, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 78)
UTG: 52 BB (VPIP: 23.49, PFR: 15.50, 3Bet Preflop: 3.85, Hands: 426)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A A

fold, fold, CO calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) 2 J 3
Hero bets 6.25 BB, fold, CO calls 6.25 BB

Turn: (21.5 BB, 2 players) Q
Hero bets 12.75 BB, CO raises to 42.75 BB,

?????????????

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Your isolation raise is way to small. Charge them some more to see a flop and take position on you. At least 4,5BB, and I dont mind an even larger size either. Its ok, if they fold. Then you just do the same with a lot of other hands as well and pick up 2,5BB, 2,5BB, 2,5BB etc. That's a great result, and it also discourage future limping.

Flop
C-bet is fine, size is fine as well.

Turn
This was a really bad card. Not only because it completed the flushdraw and QJ as well, but also because its scary to most of the hands, you still beat, like AJ, KJ, JT etc. Judging from his HUD-stats and preflop limp, this is a bad passive opponent. Not the most crazy fish in the world, but still the kind of player, who can probably make some bad calls after the flop, and who is pretty unlikely to bluff for his entire stack.

So against this guy bet-fold is an ok line, although check-call is the more GTO line against competent and balanced opponents. I dont like to bet-call. I think, if you called him here, you are just paying him off at least 90% of the time.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have very good reasons to increase more in preflop. In the first place we have the last 2 players covered, also the co seems a player with a little wider range. These guys will have no trouble stacking, if the boat offer is interesting.
In the flop I think your cbet is correct, but the turn bet is a bit disproportionate. I mean the proportion itself: 50% of the pot now that the color line is completed. While on the flop, your bet was 2/3 of the pot. If you think about it coldly, you will discover that in your size there is an implicit meaning, with your decreasing change of proportion, you are telling your opponent that you may have the best possible hand, and try to catch him with a big bluff. But you can also tell him that you have a medium value, but it is not the best possible hand.
Then this change of proportion in your bet sizes, the only thing it does is to expand your range of hands, in the perception of the villain (polarize your range) which can be good in certain cases, but not in others, for example when you you face a short stack villain and he is willing to take advantage of his value, to show his full strength, as seems to be the case.
So in these cases, when you face short stack villains, I think it is important not to lose the line of play, and try as much as possible not to make decreasing proportional changes in bets, so as not to give the villain the possibility that can induce some weak point, and as a consequence, improve his game against us.
Regards.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with fund preflop. You're out of position vs a passive fish. Punish him for his passive/weak tendencies. Certainly 4BB and maybe even 5BB if you can get away with it. It's very useful to know what each limpy passive fish's threshold of limp/fold and limp/call is.

If you had the A h, then a call on the turn might be close, but as played, a fold is probably the most profitable play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had the A h, then a call on the turn might be close, but as played, a fold is probably the most profitable play.

With Ah this is probably a reluctant call, because we at least have some equity and a relevant blocker. Whenever we are drawing dead against our opponents most obvious value hand, its typically time to lay it down.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for great answers. I called that bet and I lost to flush.

Full Flush Poker