4 NLHE 6-max: Playing draw flop/turn

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How would you play this turn,if it's a spade our lifes a'lot easier. Do you call the turn and would you do any thing any different on the flop,Cheers.

Villain 29vpip/20pfr/10-3bet

Hero (CO): €4.00 (100 bb)
BTN: €4.99 (124.8 bb)
SB: €4.42 (110.5 bb)
BB: €4.00 (100 bb)

SB posts €0.02, BB posts €0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.06) Hero has 8 9
Hero raises to €0.12, fold, SB calls €0.10, fold

Flop: (€0.28, 2 players) J 4 T
SB checks, Hero bets €0.14, SB raises to €0.48, Hero calls €0.34

Turn: (€1.24, 2 players) 3
SB bets €0.86, Hero?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fold on the turn. It was a marginal call on the flop, but once turn was bricked you are left fishing for a river straight and the odds are against you by then.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a clear fold no pot odds that why he bet so much to get you off the pot if you were drawing to the straight now if I had open ended straight and a flush draw I might of called but you are just fishing for the straight here and don't have the correct odds to call so this is a simple fold here. A lot of new people would call incorrectly and may even hit the straight on a lucky play but it would still be an incorrect play do to bad pot odds here. Use your poker calculator to get your pot odds and you will see what you need to have to get the correct pot odds to call. those tools will help you become a better player.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling on the flop is fine.
The answer to this question requires off table analysis to determine your exact range.
If we are going on pot odds alone then it's a clear fold on turn.
His bet sizing on th3 turn means we still have to defend 55-60% of our range. So is 89s in this range? It's an open ended straight draw so I wouldn't be surprised if it is, so i won't fault you for calling here.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the overall sentiment here. The flop call is fine when we have the backdoor potential in addition to the straight draw, but on the turn when it bricks out and we don't pick up equity we should just be folding to this sizing imo.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok thank you everyone, i did fold but it had me thinking because getting 2.5/1 it feels like a turn fold but then there is the implied odds. I just want to make sure im not folding draws to easily. cheers.