Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the money went in before the flop, and it was a 70/30 flip, which per definition you will lose 3 out of 10 times. Sure its a wacky runout, where you both make a full house, and his is better. But why does it matter, if you lose on AT822, AKQA7, QJ773 or 9862T? Its just, that you felt excited, when you flopped a set, but as the outcome show, its not over, till all cards are dealt. So in many ways its better to not even look but focus on other tables instead, where you have decisions to make.

If you want to improve, you need to focus on hands, where you had difficult decisions to make. In this hand you made the only play, that makes any sort of sense. And then the rest simply does not matter. Leaning to focus only on things, that matter, is the key to becoming a successfull poker player :)

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks fundiver, I know exactly what your saying I got money in good and I would make the same decision every time again and again, usually im not one to moan about spots like this because for every bad beat there are more wins, but ive gone from playing at 10bb/ (10,000 hands) to 1bb (11000) hands from getting my money in playing for stacks and being the odds on favourite only to getting sucked out on. Now I know how Patrick Antonius felt playing robl Omaha.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but ive gone from playing at 10bb/ (10,000 hands) to 1bb (11000)

This is just completely normal variance. For a short handed game like 6-max the standard deviation over 10.000 hands is around 10 BB / 100. This mean, that 30% of the time you will be running 10 BB / 100 below or above long term average, and 5% of the time you will be running 20 BB / 100 below or above average.

https://www.primedope.com/poker-variance-calculator/

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
iPoker, Hold'em No Limit - €0.02/€0.04 - 4 players

Replay this hand on CardsChat

when will this bad run end?

just glad we weren't deep stacked

(edit sorry wrong sub forum)

The bad run will never end Jarud, thank you very much for sharing with us. You gotta prepare yourself for situations like this because they are going to happen more often than you think.
It wasn't so bad because both weren't 100 blinds ES, so we have nothing to complain, but on the other hand, to be grateful for, because we have this amazing forum that allow us to improve ourselves.
Let's thank CardsChat and stop complaining every single mathematical event where we were ahead and ended up losing.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bad run will never end Jarud, thank you very much for sharing with us. You gotta prepare yourself for situations like this because they are going to happen more often than you think.
It wasn't so bad because both weren't 100 blinds ES, so we have nothing to complain, but on the other hand, to be grateful for, because we have this amazing forum that allow us to improve ourselves.
Let's thank CardsChat and stop complaining every single mathematical event where we were ahead and ended up losing.

Regards;

Thanks Carlos, i was actually meant to post this hand on the bad beat and vents section so I apoligize for that, back to the felt for me tomorrow anyway, had a day studying c-betting spots reviewing hands on pt4 and always thankful for the guys on the forum. 👍

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks Carlos, i was actually meant to post this hand on the bad beat and vents section so I apoligize for that, back to the felt for me tomorrow anyway, had a day studying c-betting spots reviewing hands on pt4 and always thankful for the guys on the forum. 👍

Thank you sir, anything at all, we are here! :D

Regards;

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing to worry about

iPoker, Hold'em No Limit - €0.02/€0.04 - 4 players

Replay this hand on CardsChat

when will this bad run end?

just glad we weren't deep stacked

(edit sorry wrong sub forum)

My friend there’s nothing to worry about in this hand if your playing these games regularly and bankrolled for it you shouldn’t be worrying about losing 25 or so BB keep grinding and playing KK perfectly