Chips
Replay this hand on CardsChat
vicki920 (UTG): €5.18 (130 bb)
Xirivall (MP): €5.96 (149 bb)
spotless (CO): €0.84 (21 bb)
demongolden52 (BU): €8.43 (211 bb)
StfcTilliDie (SB): €2.21 (55 bb)
LOUBANEZ (BB): €5.00 (125 bb)

Got aces against an insanely aggressive Rec player playing at 83/43/3 vpip/pfr/ag (75 hands) so I elect to 3bet big hoping to get the money in pre-flop. is anyone else not going broke against this type of player? Against a Reg I might find a fold but with so many overpairs and draws villian could have on this flop I don't think im ever folding.
is my hand to obvious?
thanks

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well played, I liked your defense in preflop. With spr 1 it is a decent hand to go all on the turn. You could also have pushed on the flop, but as being dominated in draw and no blocker I liked your line.
Greetings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Leveling Wars, Episode I: The Fish Menace

Replay this hand on CardsChat
vicki920 (UTG): €5.18 (130 bb)
Xirivall (MP): €5.96 (149 bb)
spotless (CO): €0.84 (21 bb)
demongolden52 (BU): €8.43 (211 bb)
StfcTilliDie (SB): €2.21 (55 bb)
LOUBANEZ (BB): €5.00 (125 bb)

Got aces against an insanely aggressive Rec player playing at 83/43/3 vpip/pfr/ag (75 hands) so I elect to 3bet big hoping to get the money in pre-flop. is anyone else not going broke against this type of player? Against a Reg I might find a fold but with so many overpairs and draws villian could have on this flop I don't think im ever folding.
is my hand to obvious?
thanks

Hi Jarud, thank you for sharing it.

The Preflop

Your 3-bet preflop OOP is a little bit salty: 4.58x the sizing of BTN's opening. I doubt that you are 3-betting preflop BB x BTN, with hands like JTo the same ammount you use for KK+ and AKs.

the postflop

The Flop

Yes, this is not the happiest spot of our lives, but BTN can still be holding TT, JJ, QQ ,etc when it check-raises you OTF. Besides the ammount of draws is outstanding.
The problem here is that you are never doing the same thing with AKo for example, when you get no backdoors, you are not c-betting, out of position, 1/2 pot into a 3-bet pot where, remember, you already increased the sizing because you were holding "Aces" and the Villain was a "Fish" and all that same boring story.
Well, we don't expect BTN to be holding many 55, 22 and 44, but given the fact BTN called 3-bet preflop it will have more low pocket pairs/sets on its range than us.

The Turn

Nothing else to do, since the pot was already way too big. When I say it doesn't make any difference to use a small 3-bet sizing, it is because "fishes", or "recreational" players are going to call you more than they should, no matter which price you give for them, so, in this case, if you had go for example, a 3.3x 3-bet preflop and checked the flop out of position, you could have saved a couple of blinds.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jarud, thank you for sharing it.

The Preflop

Your 3-bet preflop OOP is a little bit salty: 4.58x the sizing of BTN's opening. I doubt that you are 3-betting preflop BB x BTN, with hands like JTo the same ammount you use for KK+ and AKs.

the postflop

The Flop

Yes, this is not the happiest spot of our lives, but BTN can still be holding TT, JJ, QQ ,etc when it check-raises you OTF. Besides the ammount of draws is outstanding.
The problem here is that you are never doing the same thing with AKo for example, when you get no backdoors, you are not c-betting, out of position, 1/2 pot into a 3-bet pot where, remember, you already increased the sizing because you were holding "Aces" and the Villain was a "Fish" and all that same boring story.
Well, we don't expect BTN to be holding many 55, 22 and 44, but given the fact BTN called 3-bet preflop it will have more low pocket pairs/sets on its range than us.

The Turn

Nothing else to do, since the pot was already way too big. When I say it doesn't make any difference to use a small 3-bet sizing, it is because "fishes", or "recreational" players are going to call you more than they should, no matter which price you give for them, so, in this case, if you had go for example, a 3.3x 3-bet preflop and checked the flop out of position, you could have saved a couple of blinds.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Thanks Carlos for another analysis, yes I agree I wouldn't be taking the same line with hands like J10 pre flop or AK post flop, against such an unbalanced player are we not meant to play an unbalanced game ourselves?
I feel villian would have taken this exact same line with any overpair or even top pair OTF.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Carlos for another analysis, yes I agree I wouldn't be taking the same line with hands like J10 pre flop or AK post flop, against such an unbalanced player are we not meant to play an unbalanced game ourselves?
I feel villian would have taken this exact same line with any overpair or even top pair OTF.
I tend to disagree here. I think you stated clearly that you were sizing up as an exploit because maniac V was inelastic and would gladly donate additional value with his whole range. You were correct. This way you get to set up large pots an play for stacks with the very top of your range and build smaller pots with a smaller range advantage with the rest of your 3 bet range. I think too much consideration is being given to balance here. If our opponent has a clue and will pick up on, or react to our sizing changes then I agree. But if he's calling with 52ss here and we know it. It's a mistake not to get as much money into the pot as possible pre flop. If he hits top pair or a draw or an over pair we easily get the whole stack. This time he out flopped us but we still had tons of equity drawing to the straight, the set, or the better two pair. If our opponents will let us exploit them then we should continue to do so until they play correctly and fold. Trying to play GTO here is just burning money in my opinion

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Completely agree with c0rnBr34d. No way we can ever fold aces in a 3-bet pot against someone like this. Only thing hero could possibly do different is to 3-bet even bigger. If he is calling 14BB with junk, maybe he is also calling 20BB. So just try to find that point of elasticity. We are never going to 3-bet someone like this as a bluff anyway, so just make him pay and cut down his implied odds.