Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG (Hero): €4.00 (100 bb)
MP: €6.58 (165 bb)
CO: €4.55 (114 bb)
BU: €4.04 (101 bb)
SB: €3.03 (76 bb)
BB: €6.06 (152 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€0.06) Hero is UTG with Q A
Hero raises to €0.10, MP calls €0.10, CO 3-bets to €0.46, 3 players fold, Hero 4-bets to €1.15, 1 fold, CO calls €0.69

Flop: (€2.46) 6 K 8 (2 players)
Hero bets €0.58, CO calls €0.58

Turn: (€3.62) 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets €2.82 (all-in), UTG (Hero) folds

Total pot: €3.62 (Rake: €0.21)

CO wins €3.41

Do you think CO would defend QQ/JJ/TT against this flop cbet sizing?
Clearly I need to give up some hands on the turn as played, perhaps would cbet again with AA+ AK and JJ as bluff. KK/some KQs as check-call.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
4-bet pot

Run It Once Poker, Hold'em No Limit - €0.02/€0.04 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG (Hero): €4.00 (100 bb)
MP: €6.58 (165 bb)
CO: €4.55 (114 bb)
BU: €4.04 (101 bb)
SB: €3.03 (76 bb)
BB: €6.06 (152 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€0.06) Hero is UTG with Q A
Hero raises to €0.10, MP calls €0.10, CO 3-bets to €0.46, 3 players fold, Hero 4-bets to €1.15, 1 fold, CO calls €0.69

Flop: (€2.46) 6 K 8 (2 players)
Hero bets €0.58, CO calls €0.58

Turn: (€3.62) 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets €2.82 (all-in), UTG (Hero) folds

Total pot: €3.62 (Rake: €0.21)

CO wins €3.41

Do you think CO would defend QQ/JJ/TT against this flop cbet sizing?
Clearly I need to give up some hands on the turn as played, perhaps would cbet again with AA+ AK and JJ as bluff. KK/some KQs as check-call.

Hi there quant1986, thank you very much for sharing your hand with us.

Preflop:

You raised preflop, got one caller MP and the CO Squeezes. Now, which range CO is using for Squeeze here is the point because we have no reads on Villain.
Standard to say that at the lower limits such as 4 NLHE players are not bluffing enough versus EP by 3-betting or Squeezing.
That being said, AQs is a very strong hand but calling here could not be the best idea because now MP can also enter the pot and AQs will not play fantastically in a Squeezed pot, out of position in relation to two other players.
When we 4-bet AQs, we are also 4-betting AK, AA, KK and sometimes QQ. JJ- we would be calling more, because it is nasty to 4-bet JJ out of position like this.

The Flop:

Not a good flop for AQs and we could c-bet here, 1/3 pot to fold to almost any turn/river, or simply check-fold our hand right on the flop: we are not drawing to anything relevant and CO can still have in its range AK, KQ, KJ, even KK, and other hands that could be Squeezing and calling 4-bet are QQ, JJ, TT, as you pointed, however those hands would barely be calling flop to float a blank turn. TT, JJ and QQ should be folding here because when you 4-bet all of position you will have much more combos of KK and AK than CO, although CO can still have some AK and very rare KK. (but players at the micros level themselves too much, so it is possible that they could've called TT-QQ here).
There is no problem giving up our equities when it comes a flop that doesn't favour our range. We don't need to be leveling too much here because in a 4-bet pot our ranges becomes too obvious: either we have it or we don't have it.

The Turn:

You check, meaning that probably you are giving up your hand and CO realizes it and goes all in with all of its AK, KQ and KJ, since players at the micros are not thinking too much about ranges and range advantage. Besides, players at lower limits (until 100 NLHE) are not bluffing enough spots like this to make your Ace High+Queen Kicker profitable to call here. Easy fold.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lean towards just calling the 3-bet. If he does anything other than fold to your 4-bet, you are in a pretty bad spot, and since he is getting a good price + position, he is probably not going to fold very often. I dont really think, you need to be 4-bet bluffing at 4NL, and this is not a 4-bet for value. As played I check-fold the flop. I dont think, it does anything to bet 20% of the pot other than losing you more money. This should be the absolute worst hand, you can even have, and its always ok to just give up with the bottom of your range.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lean towards just calling the 3-bet. If he does anything other than fold to your 4-bet, you are in a pretty bad spot, and since he is getting a good price + position, he is probably not going to fold very often. I dont really think, you need to be 4-bet bluffing at 4NL, and this is not a 4-bet for value. As played I check-fold the flop. I dont think, it does anything to bet 20% of the pot other than losing you more money. This should be the absolute worst hand, you can even have, and its always ok to just give up with the bottom of your range.

I think calling the 3bet preflop is fine as well. I do see some NL4 players squeezed with 88-JJ, and KQo, and not that bad if they fold to 4bet.

Flop I was targeting TT-QQ only and believe some would just fold as I think K high board is still slightly favourable to preflop aggressor.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume, 4NL is the lowest limit, you can play on Run it Once? Then it will probably play a bit like 2NL on sites like pokerstars, and in that kind of game, you are not getting anyone to fold TT-QQ to a small 4-bet, or to a 20% pot C-bet. You are playing for the price of a cup of coffee, and if people like their hand, they are going to press "call".

This is perhaps the biggest difference between online micro games and low stakes live games like 1/2. In the latter many recreational players are underrolled and money scared, so you can often push them around, or at least so I have been told. But you can absolutely forget about that, when you are playing online for 4$. These games are all about getting paid and not paying off.