Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is an interesting spot for you, I think the call is profitable in this case, since there are no color lines, maybe some ghost ladder project or smaller pairs.
The most feared hand is surely a set of Q, but there are still 2 streets left and the SB is pressing too hard on this board.
If the villain had a set, he would probably try to defend his rank better instead of attacking so aggressively. So I guess the call is the most tempting option for this spot.
Greetings.

K

Kkissmann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is an interesting spot for you, I think the call is profitable in this case, since there are no color lines, maybe some ghost ladder project or smaller pairs.
The most feared hand is surely a set of Q, but there are still 2 streets left and the SB is pressing too hard on this board.
If the villain had a set, he would probably try to defend his rank better instead of attacking so aggressively. So I guess the call is the most tempting option for this spot.
Greetings.

I thought he easily had a set there calling the $75 preflop. But you’re right, he probably would of bet smaller or even checked a set. Perhaps he was even playing Q7 suited.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that SB blocks stairs with Q-8 + so he wants to put all the pressure. A top pair is not ruled out either, but your ev I think is favorable.

K

Kkissmann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that SB blocks stairs with Q-8 + so he wants to put all the pressure. A top pair is not ruled out either, but your ev I think is favorable.

I ended up folding. I showed him the Kings and he showed me 5/6 suited

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beat him into the pot. This kind of wild donk overbet into an entire field of players is typically someone acting tough, when in fact they are just scared and want everyone to fold. If he flopped a set and especially top set, he would check and hope, that the preflop 3-better has AA or KK and will make a C-bet. Maybe once in a blue moon he will have you beat here, but there is way to much money in the pot already to ever fold a hand this strong.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ended up folding. I showed him the Kings and he showed me 5/6 suited

Only saw this, after I posted my comment. But yeah. Kind of comfirm, what I wrote. This line is essentially never a really strong hand. It can be a wild bluff or semibluff, or it can be a hand like top pair playing scared. The latter would be more common on low boards though, because then there are more future overcards to come.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience friend, they made me see a 7-2ofs and laughed in my face. Do not give it importance.

K

Kkissmann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only saw this, after I posted my comment. But yeah. Kind of comfirm, what I wrote. This line is essentially never a really strong hand. It can be a wild bluff or semibluff, or it can be a hand like top pair playing scared. The latter would be more common on low boards though, because then there are more future overcards to come.

Yea I wish I made the call in hindsight. Lesson learned. Thanks for the input

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very dangerous board! playing kk, my position is most likely vabank, before the flopp! since kk limp is expensive, a set of two pairs 47, D4, D7, also AA, and do not give DD, 44 77. defeats us with our kk, this is also oppression (((. and how did you get it?

K

Kkissmann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
very dangerous board! playing kk, my position is most likely vabank, before the flopp! since kk limp is expensive, a set of two pairs 47, D4, D7, also AA, and do not give DD, 44 77. defeats us with our kk, this is also oppression (((. and how did you get it?

What do you mean vabank? Also DD? I folded, showed KK and he showed me 56suited

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ay ay ay, this donk shove makes absolutely no sense to me. Normally a play like this, I would think maybe a draw...but what draws exist here? 56 suited? Maybe he has QJ or Q 10 and is just a dummy.

As for hands that beat you...I completely rule out AA here. There's no way AA is being last to call and go to the flop 4 way. QQ I rule out for the same reason as AA, and also because donk-jamming would be so incredibly bad. You'd get called only by worse sets and AA/KK...which are not going to show up often and you're probably getting all the money against those hands eventually anyway, no need to do it with such a wild bet. I guess he could have a lower set, but I don't know that I'm personally raising 44 so big preflop. I think those 2 hands are low probability. And if he had any 2 pair combo...just say nice hand and ask if he'll play heads up with you...it won't take long for you to get all his money.

Bottom line, I'm snapcalling after the other 2 folds. I'm super interested to see what this guy had. My gut is telling me A7 suited, QJ off, maybe 56 suited, or maybe complete air and he's just being dumb. None of those really make a ton of sense...but frankly nothing about that bet makes sense on this board.

K

Kkissmann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ay ay ay, this donk shove makes absolutely no sense to me. Normally a play like this, I would think maybe a draw...but what draws exist here? 56 suited? Maybe he has QJ or Q 10 and is just a dummy.

As for hands that beat you...I completely rule out AA here. There's no way AA is being last to call and go to the flop 4 way. QQ I rule out for the same reason as AA, and also because donk-jamming would be so incredibly bad. You'd get called only by worse sets and AA/KK...which are not going to show up often and you're probably getting all the money against those hands eventually anyway, no need to do it with such a wild bet. I guess he could have a lower set, but I don't know that I'm personally raising 44 so big preflop. I think those 2 hands are low probability. And if he had any 2 pair combo...just say nice hand and ask if he'll play heads up with you...it won't take long for you to get all his money.

Bottom line, I'm snapcalling after the other 2 folds. I'm super interested to see what this guy had. My gut is telling me A7 suited, QJ off, maybe 56 suited, or maybe complete air and he's just being dumb. None of those really make a ton of sense...but frankly nothing about that bet makes sense on this board.

Thanks for the feedback. After I reluctantly folded, he showed me 56 suited. Lesson learned.