Originally Posted by Dorkus Malorkus
The only problem is, despite villain's range being huge I don't see many better hands than yours that are folding the river, or many worse hands that call. In fact the more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to check/call river.
Yeah, that was my other option. Here's my thought process though:
1. He does not have a a high pocket pair. He would not have checked through the turn if he did.
2. He definitely doesn't have AQ. No way he checks then.
3. I discount AK somewhat because he checked the turn. AK is a strong enough hand that most of my opponents tend to fire at least two barrels with it uncontested.
4. Being that he checked the turn, he's opening himself up to being bluffed at. If he realizes this, the range he will call with on the river suddenly increases, adding in mostly any A-x hand.
5. Given that he checked the turn, I doubt he will bet many hands on the river that I can beat ("Hi, I have nothing. Oh wait, okay, I forgot, I have something." - doesn't look believable).