$25 NLHE Full Ring: Semibluff turn holding A9s with loose image

TheGodson

TheGodson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in 6th position with $35.03 holding :ad4: :9d4:.
I open up for $0.75
The Villain with $15.87 in 3rd position calls
The guy in 1st postion calls as well
The SB calls too

Flop($3.25) :5h4: :3d4: :10d4:
I bet $2.43
Villain calls
Everyone else folds

Turn($7.66) :jh4:
???

I ended up shoving all-in. My opponent had to call $12.69 to match me. If he had more chips left I'd probably just raise, but with his stack left I feel like just betting would commit me so I might as well shove. Would checking be better. Check/Call? Check/Shove? What would you do in this spot.

My image is also quite loose.

the_wonk

the_wonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How loose is villain? Does he have a lot of 65s, 44 stuff in his range? If so I don't mind your over shove, but a check - shove is probably even better (especially if he tends to size fairly small).

If villain has mostly Tx+ on the other hand I don't think you're getting a good price on either bluff line and I probably check - decide depending on how large he bets.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 handed to the flop I would consider checking and seeing if I can pick up a free card. Quite often this will check around.
Leading out 4 handed is a really strong line and you are only getting called by hands better than ours.
If one bets and the others fold you can check raise the flop. If one bets and there is a caller you will be getting around the right expressed odds.
I want to hit the flush when there is money in the middle and players still in the hand .
As played the semibluff shove looks like the best way of winning the hand. I would have a quick glance at how often he goes to showdown to assist the decision. If he is a calling station you can probably check here. If he goes to showdown less than 25% the shove is probably best.

suby_rafael

suby_rafael

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like the play considering your image and villain stack size. This was a situation where we could put pressure on the smaller stacked player and the overcard on the turn was a good one to do just that since we don't mind being called anyways but we just prefer taking the pot right then and there so good play. :icon_geek