UTG+1: $26.59 (106 bb)
MP: $25.47 (102 bb)
MP+1: $34.84 (139 bb) Stats 23/12/2
CO (Hero): $40.76 (163 bb)
BU: $22.50 (90 bb)
SB: $22.00 (88 bb)
BB: $22.03 (88 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Q♣ J♣
UTG raises to $0.75, 2 players fold, MP+1 calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 players fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.10) 9♠ T♣ K♣ (4 players)
BB bets $2.96, UTG folds, MP+1 calls $2.96, Hero raise or just call ?

would u raise here ? Don't have stats on BB

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should raise it as many turn cards could kill actions espcially club. You can freeroll other QJ combos if pushed over and and don't mind GII if villains have two pairs/sets that are unlikely to fold.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Line: Bluffing the nuts OTF 3-handed

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.10/$0.25 - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/224y2EdHI

UTG: $31.71 (127 bb) Stats 42/23/1
UTG+1: $26.59 (106 bb)
MP: $25.47 (102 bb)
MP+1: $34.84 (139 bb) Stats 23/12/2
CO (Hero): $40.76 (163 bb)
BU: $22.50 (90 bb)
SB: $22.00 (88 bb)
BB: $22.03 (88 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Q♣ J♣
UTG raises to $0.75, 2 players fold, MP+1 calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 2 players fold, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.10) 9♠ T♣ K♣ (4 players)
BB bets $2.96, UTG folds, MP+1 calls $2.96, Hero raise or just call ?

would u raise here ? Don't have stats on BB

Lol, thank you for posting your hand siwanat99!

The Preflop

Calling here is very sweet and okay because there are potential fishes on the blinds, and our hand has good flobability.

the postflop

The Flop

Weak player in the blinds donks almost 100% pot, UTG folds, MP1 calls and Hero/CO raises more than the size of the pot? This is what I was trying to tell Cornbread another past hand: we are not worried about getting paid or re-raised for better hands, our concern is to get too many folds when we are most likely holding the stone cold nuts!
How do we get value from really strong hands it is not so obvious as it seems. ;)
The point here is that BB demonstraded a lot of strength by betting 100% pot out of position in relation to 3 players! UTG folds, MP calls which is also a sign of strength.
Our hand doesn't need any protection here, even if comes another club that is not the ace of clubs we are very well having a flopped straight plus BDSF and BDRSF, so when you raise this flop, you are simply bluffing the nuts and blocking yourself to complete a very wonderful equity OTT or OTR (drawing to Royal Straight Flush).
When you raise here idiots are going to pay with two pair and sets almost always, but the problem is that these idiots don't have these hands: 99, TT and KK are too strong to be flatting with and even donkeys are aware of it, so we remove quite a few chunk of BB's donking range.
Most likely BB had a SD or FD and decided to bluff. Or BB had T9, K9, KT and decided to bluff, anyways, we lose a lot of value here. Both players, BB and MP have very weak and capped ranges, how do we expect to extract value from this portion of their ranges, by raising flop representing the hand that we really have? :cool:
When we do complete a flush nuts (any other club that is not a 9c or the Ac) we can still draw to some very good rivers with 9c, the ace of clubs gives us the Royal, so perpaps you lost a ton o value here by bluffing the nuts with potential to the absolute nuts. (Very rare spot where we are utterly dominating).
As I said, our hand doesn't need protection at all here, and even if BB/MP had the flush draw with the ace of clubs we are doing pretty well yet.
I rather go raising pot here when I do not have any strong made hand, at maximum I would be raising here a Second Pair + 3rd Nut flush draw, because even the flush draws where I have the Qc or the Ac, I don't need to be raising for protection, because otherwise I would be protecting myself of making the best hand.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Last edited:
C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree we don't need protection but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to extract value. I would make a small raise here to about $8. The board is very draw heavy and some of the straight draws may give up on the turn if the flush comes in. Also if the board pairs it could kill some action or if the Q or J hit and 4 to a straight is on the board no one will want to put too much money in the pot without the straight. So rather than hope that a total brick hits and we can continue to let them bet for us, let's just charge all the made hands and draws now. We may even get lucky and get 3 bet by a hand like A9cc or BB could have two pair or a set. Tons of possibilities but I think we need to build a pot now to put stacks in play. If a brick does hit we can continue betting small to set up a river jam or go ahead and jam ourselves if they both call as the pot will be over $27 and we will have less than a PSB left.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a super dynamic board, and when BB donk bet for nearly the size of the pot into three other players he should always be strong enough to call a raise. Plus there is dead money from another player, who just called. So I am raising here all day long, and then jamming all turns. Hoping for a non board pairing turn card of course, but even if we get the board pair, its still going in.

Full Flush Poker