re: Poker & $25 NLHE Full Ring: Extracting value with JJ
Originally Posted by c9h13no3
I might bet a bit smaller too, but that's really nit-picky.
I disagree with the smaller bet but like you said it is kinda nit-picky.
I know your probably thinking to give the gut-shots, OESD, and FDs a good price to come along since they are drawing dead (virtually). However, I think that Ax makes up enough of his range, and is willing to call a larger bet, that we get more value from this range by making a larger value bet.
For example say Ax makes up 35% of his range and that range is willing to call a pot sized bet, and draws make up the rest (65%) of his calling range and will call a half-pot sized bet. I think if you do the math that you make more profit by making the larger bet, even though you fold out that other 70%.
Frankly I am too lazy to go through all the hand combinations and actually count this out however.