siwanat99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.10/$0.25 - 9 players

(UTG): $11.31 (45 bb)
(UTG+1): $25.00 (100 bb)
(MP): $47.91 (192 bb) Vpip 15 PFR 10 AF 3 3B:9 (Only 20 hands)
(MP+1): $8.55 (34 bb)
(LP): $30.34 (121 bb)
(CO): $28.44 (114 bb)
(BU): $27.50 (110 bb)
(SB): $26.23 (105 bb)
Hero (BB): $27.39 (110 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A♥ K♦
(UTG) raises to $0.50, 1 fold, (MP) 3-bets to $2, 4 players fold, (SB) calls $1.90, Hero (BB) 4-bets to $8.75, 1 fold, (MP) calls $6.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($20) K♠ 8♥ 7♣ (2 players)
Hero (BB) bets $8.75, (MP) calls $8.75

Turn: ($37.50) 2♠ (2 players)
Hero (BB) bets $9.89 (all-in), (MP) calls $9.89

River: ($57.28) 3♥ (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $57.28 (Rake: $2)

what do u think should I fold pre or 4-Bet is good? Is my size too big ?
I don't like to cold call 3-bet OOP

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
4-bet pot OOP

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.10/$0.25 - 9 players

(UTG): $11.31 (45 bb)
(UTG+1): $25.00 (100 bb)
(MP): $47.91 (192 bb) Vpip 15 PFR 10 AF 3 3B:9 (Only 20 Hands)
(MP+1): $8.55 (34 bb)
(LP): $30.34 (121 bb)
(CO): $28.44 (114 bb)
(BU): $27.50 (110 bb)
(SB): $26.23 (105 bb)
Hero (BB): $27.39 (110 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with A♥ K♦
(UTG) raises to $0.50, 1 fold, (MP) 3-bets to $2, 4 players fold, (SB) calls $1.90, Hero (BB) 4-bets to $8.75, 1 fold, (MP) calls $6.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($20) K♠ 8♥ 7♣ (2 players)
Hero (BB) bets $8.75, (MP) calls $8.75

Turn: ($37.50) 2♠ (2 players)
Hero (BB) bets $9.89 (all-in), (MP) calls $9.89

River: ($57.28) 3♥ (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $57.28 (Rake: $2)

what do u think should I fold pre or 4-Bet is good? Is my size too big ?
I don't like to cold call 3-bet OOP

Hi there siwanat99, glad to see you are climbing up the stakes! Thank you very much for sharing with the CardsChat community. I'll try to help you here

The Preflop

This is a real hard spot because we are out of position and many players with strong ranges are yet to speak. Calling AKo oop seems very bad because we might enter a MWP, and UTG can still 4-bet, putting us on a even more complicated situation.

The 4-bet is okay and the fold is also okay, I don't see calling here as a good thing.
One thing I do not advocate is to go with huge 4-bet sizings, even out of position, because when we do it, we are commiting our stack postflop no matter the outcome of the flop/turn/river.
Hero 4-bets from the BB a size of 3.64 times the size of MP's 3-bet and this is very large and dangerous: if MP or UTG 5-bet jams we cannot fold anymore because we already invested one 1/3 of our entire stack, thus we will have the proper odds.
Out of position, I would be going for a maximum of 2.5x 4-bet with all of my bluffs and values. IP I am only 4-betting 2x, 2.1x til 2.2x at max with values/bluffs.
Remember that if anyone calls, you are already commited to the pot. Villain MP is deep stacked and could call your 4-bet with a larger range, including all the pocket pairs and some strong suited broadways.
Nonetheless, MP had 3-bet UTG, for this reason we believe the lowest pair MP can have in a situation like this is TT.
Which hands MP could be 3-betting UTG? TT+, AJs+, A5s-A2s, KQs, AQo+, which are 6.49% of hands, including some bluffs of course, hands such as A5s-A2s, but we don't expect a lot of these hands.
As a default we expect Villain to have more JJ+, AQs+, KQs, AKo, which is only 3.62% 4-bet calling range.

The Flop

Since ranges are more obvious in 4-bet pots, we are out of position, and there are almost 100 blinds on the pot already, I see no reason to be betting this flop with anything that 4-bets: AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, maybe TT, none of these hands are comfortable c-betting oop here, unless KK which has the top set/nuts.
And if I go for a c-bet, I would go, with my entire range, for a 1/3 pot if we are not already commited to the pot. Going 1/2 pot and going all-in here seems all the same to me.
When you do c-bet, which hands you expect to be paying here in a high frequency, when it comes a King on the Flop? QQ? JJ?

The Turn

A brick, but it doesn't make much difference since we start to commit ourselves preflop by going for an almost 4x 4-bet, and when we c-bet 1/2 pot or jam the flop, to me is all the same. You are polarizing your range too much for value, thus, making Villain's reads more easy.
We have invested so much here that it really doesn't make much difference now if Villain has us beat or not, we are going in no matter what. Anyways, Villain can also have AK and we are even, AA and KK. I find it very hard to believe that a Villain will show up on a river like this with spaz KQ, or TT, JJ or QQ. It is possible and if you see that happens, put a note on the player that it is calling polarized 4-bets IP lighter than usual.
It is a real sad time, but we see that MP has 3 combos of AA, 3 combos of KK and 6 combos of AKo plus 2 combos of AKs = 12 combos are beating us and 8 combos we are even.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

S

siwanat99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there siwanat99, glad to see you are climbing up the stakes! Thank you very much for sharing with the CardsChat community. I'll try to help you here

The Preflop

This is a real hard spot because we are out of position and many players with strong ranges are yet to speak. Calling AKo oop seems very bad because we might enter a MWP, and UTG can still 4-bet, putting us on a even more complicated situation.

The 4-bet is okay and the fold is also okay, I don't see calling here as a good thing.
One thing I do not advocate is to go with huge 4-bet sizings, even out of position, because when we do it, we are commiting our stack postflop no matter the outcome of the flop/turn/river.
Hero 4-bets from the BB a size of 3.64 times the size of MP's 3-bet and this is very large and dangerous: if MP or UTG 5-bet jams we cannot fold anymore because we already invested one 1/3 of our entire stack, thus we will have the proper odds.
Out of position, I would be going for a maximum of 2.5x 4-bet with all of my bluffs and values. IP I am only 4-betting 2x, 2.1x til 2.2x at max with values/bluffs.
Remember that if anyone calls, you are already commited to the pot. Villain MP is deep stacked and could call your 4-bet with a larger range, including all the pocket pairs and some strong suited broadways.
Nonetheless, MP had 3-bet UTG, for this reason we believe the lowest pair MP can have in a situation like this is TT.
Which hands MP could be 3-betting UTG? TT+, AJs+, A5s-A2s, KQs, AQo+, which are 6.49% of hands, including some bluffs of course, hands such as A5s-A2s, but we don't expect a lot of these hands.
As a default we expect Villain to have more JJ+, AQs+, KQs, AKo, which is only 3.62% 4-bet calling range.

The Flop

Since ranges are more obvious in 4-bet pots, we are out of position, and there are almost 100 blinds on the pot already, I see no reason to be betting this flop with anything that 4-bets: AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, maybe TT, none of these hands are comfortable c-betting oop here, unless KK which has the top set/nuts.
And if I go for a c-bet, I would go, with my entire range, for a 1/3 pot if we are not already commited to the pot. Going 1/2 pot and going all-in here seems all the same to me.
When you do c-bet, which hands you expect to be paying here in a high frequency, when it comes a King on the Flop? QQ? JJ?

The Turn

A brick, but it doesn't make much difference since we start to commit ourselves preflop by going for an almost 4x 4-bet, and when we c-bet 1/2 pot or jam the flop, to me is all the same. You are polarizing your range too much for value, thus, making Villain's reads more easy.
We have invested so much here that it really doesn't make much difference now if Villain has us beat or not, we are going in no matter what. Anyways, Villain can also have AK and we are even, AA and KK. I find it very hard to believe that a Villain will show up on a river like this with spaz KQ, or TT, JJ or QQ. It is possible and if you see that happens, put a note on the player that it is calling polarized 4-bets IP lighter than usual.
It is a real sad time, but we see that MP has 3 combos of AA, 3 combos of KK and 6 combos of AKo plus 2 combos of AKs = 12 combos are beating us and 8 combos we are even.

Regards;

Is it good to just 4-Bet 2.5x when there're 2 caller.
should we just check OTF and bet turn and river . what if we miss any A or K is 1/3 will make them fold QQ JJ

thank you so much

He had KK :eek:

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is it good to just 4-Bet 2.5x when there're 2 caller.
should we just check OTF and bet turn and river . what if we miss any A or K is 1/3 will make them fold QQ JJ

thank you so much

He had KK :eek:

Yeah, I'll go for a maximum 2.5x 4-bet oop when there are 2 callers or more.
If I am deeper than usual, with effective stack of +140 bb, I can sometimes try to 3x 4-bet versus a recreational that I know it is calling 4-bet light no matter price, but this is the exception of the rule.
As I said, and fundiver199 agrees, we are already in with this hand preflop! 3.6x 4-bet commits your entire stack, so what I say is that no makes difference at all if we do check flop, jam flop, check flop jam turn, we are going because Villain can still have more combos of pocket pairs that are losing than winning: count the combos of 99-QQ, you'll see there are 24 combos that weak players would never fold here on a 4-bet pot no matter if it comes a Kx or Ax on the flop.
If we have a very large stack compared to Villain, maybe we can be checking/checking/checking and get a cheap showdown since there are already 100 blinds on the pot, but I do not believe Villain would let Top Set goes by checking til river.
Whatever, when we have more than 200 blinds of effective stack and we believe Villain doesn't have enough bluffs to compensate our investment we can fold, but even so it is very thin.

Regards;