sportsguy16 (UTG): $42.44 (170 bb)
Fishka1kk (MP): $61.87 (247 bb)
crazybigred82 (MP+1): $14.78 (59 bb)
birdwing (CO): $9.47 (38 bb)
Porschew (BU): $27.09 (108 bb)
Tboneted (SB): $2.25 (9 bb)
vibrat0 (BB): $10.19 (41 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero (sportsguy16) is UTG with K♥ A♣
sportsguy16 (UTG) raises to $0.75, 1 fold, crazybigred82 (MP+1) 3-bets to $1.75, 4 players fold, sportsguy16 (UTG) calls $1

Flop: ($3.85) 8♦ K♣ 4♥ (2 players)
sportsguy16 (UTG) bets $0.96, crazybigred82 (MP+1) calls $0.96

Turn: ($5.77) A♥ (2 players)
sportsguy16 (UTG) checks, crazybigred82 (MP+1) checks

River: ($5.77) T♦ (2 players)
sportsguy16 (UTG) bets $5.77, crazybigred82 (MP+1) raises to $12.07 (all-in), sportsguy16 (UTG) calls $6.30

Total pot: $29.91 (Rake: $1.49)

Showdown:
crazybigred82 (MP+1) shows 4♣ 4♦ (three of a kind, Fours)
(equity - Pre-Flop: 54%, Flop: 98%, Turn: 91%, River: 100%)

sportsguy16 (UTG) shows K♥ A♣ (two pair, Aces and Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 46%, Flop: 2%, Turn: 9%, River: 0%)

crazybigred82 (MP+1) wins $28.42

Anything I could have done differently or just a bad beat?

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy has 59bbs preflop. Just raise preflop and get it in with AK no need to play like this.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wouldn't bet entire pot in the river, and when the guy shove re-raise all in of course he had a 3 of kind, wrong call two times in my opinion,

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
You are playing against someone, who is not topping up, and he use an incorrect 3-bet size. So even without HUD-data I am thinking fish right away. And I think, this is a mandatory spot to 4-bet. Bad players make these undersized 3-bets will all sort of nonsense to simply mess with your head and stop you from C-betting the flop. Given his stack size I dont hate simply jamming, as someone else suggested. It takes away his positional advantage, it avoid an awkward spot, if he call the 4-bet, and you whif, and I think, a player like this is certainly able to stack off light. He will convince himself, you are bluffing, and give you action with a lot of bad hands including some, that you dominate.

Flop
Once again you lead (donk bet) for 25% of the pot. This is a really bad habit, you need to get rid off. He is the one representing most of the good hands on this board (AA, KK and AK), so you should just check your entire range to him. If you just never donk bet the flop, this is a lot better, than what you are doing now. There are way more situations, where donk betting is bad, than where its good. So start by never donk betting the flop, and then look to work in a few donk bets later, when you are on a more advanced level, than you are now.

Turn
As played just continue betting now and size it up a bit. You have top two now, its very unlikely, you are behind, and you want to start building that pot. No need to slowplay or try to go for some fancy check-raise.

River
Now you finally wake up with a big bet, which is a little bit to late. You pot it, but now he wake up as well and go all in. This is just gross. QJ rivered a straight, and because you only bet 25% on the flop and checked turn, he can absolutely have that hand. He could also have TT as well, that rivered a set. The only hand, I can think of, that you beat, is AT. However it is really tough to lay down top two, so I dont blame you for calling here. And if you play earlier streets different, you never see the river like this. So its a spot, that should not even have happened.

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The information you have about the villain is very important. How often does 3bet? Why does it raise mini? What hands does it represent with this small increase?
To give you an example, if I know that a villain makes me 3bet while I am in EP and he with top pairs 100% of the time from MP, it is more than enough information to throw my AK in preflop.
That is how much information you gather from the villain can help you.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4-bet AK when out of position. Just makes your life easier in so many situations. Plus, his 3-bet size was pretty small, as others have said.

As played, it was very hard to put him on a hand. I would never have guessed pocket 4s. Going off standard 3-betting range, he doesn't have too many kings in his hands here, AK is 3-betting, maybe KQ if he is aggressive and 3-bets a lot.

Checking the flop will widen his range and allow him to c-bet bluff you. I think you make more money in the long run that way.

Turn I think you should bet out for value. You don't really gain much by checking, and you don't want to give villain a free card.

River I would call. As villain played it, it looks like a worse two pair, maybe a set of Tens that floated you flop. You also lose to QJ, but I don't that's too common here. That might bet out on the turn.

4-betting pre would narrow his range and make playing him a lot easier.

S

sportsguy16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for all the help guys!

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An unfortunate cooler. Another way to play this would be to 4 bet preflop and call a 5 bet jam. He may actually have folded 44 to a 4 bet, but as played, a cooler.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre I actually think I like call better. It's obviously a fish, and although I don't hate 4b/getting it in I think fish typically make more mistakes postflop than they do pre so I'd lean towards call.

As played that flop bet is awful. Think about what the point of that bet is. You flopped basically the nuts and the only thing you should be thinking about is how to get all your money into the pot against the widest range possible. Leading small does nothing to accomplish that goal. This should be an easy check and either ch/r or ch/c depending on sizing.

On the turn now you have an even better hand (you don't beat anything extra but it takes away all but one combo of AA, plus he can have some Ax) and you check? Why? Just bet large so you can shove river.

On the river not much changed you have a strong hand agree with your large bet. But notice how even a pot-sized bet is roughly half your stack? Now imagine you bet a normal amount on the turn, you'd be able to easily shove this river. Also have to call this shove on the river, although I wouldn't be super thrilled about it. He probably has enough AT/AQ-type hands (he's clearly a fish based on how he played the hand) to make the call profitable given the odds you're getting.

So yeah if you played it well you still would have lost your stack here, but it's important to think through why you're doing certain things so you can do better in other situations. You seem to lead small with TP-type hands a lot and this is a very bad habit that you should try to stamp out. Those types of bets generally accomplish nothing other than turning your hand face-up to observant opponents.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
You are playing against someone, who is not topping up, and he use an incorrect 3-bet size. So even without HUD-data I am thinking fish right away. And I think, this is a mandatory spot to 4-bet. Bad players make these undersized 3-bets will all sort of nonsense to simply mess with your head and stop you from C-betting the flop. Given his stack size I dont hate simply jamming, as someone else suggested. It takes away his positional advantage, it avoid an awkward spot, if he call the 4-bet, and you whif, and I think, a player like this is certainly able to stack off light. He will convince himself, you are bluffing, and give you action with a lot of bad hands including some, that you dominate.

Flop
Once again you lead (donk bet) for 25% of the pot. This is a really bad habit, you need to get rid off. He is the one representing most of the good hands on this board (AA, KK and AK), so you should just check your entire range to him. If you just never donk bet the flop, this is a lot better, than what you are doing now. There are way more situations, where donk betting is bad, than where its good. So start by never donk betting the flop, and then look to work in a few donk bets later, when you are on a more advanced level, than you are now.

Turn
As played just continue betting now and size it up a bit. You have top two now, its very unlikely, you are behind, and you want to start building that pot. No need to slowplay or try to go for some fancy check-raise.

River
Now you finally wake up with a big bet, which is a little bit to late. You pot it, but now he wake up as well and go all in. This is just gross. QJ rivered a straight, and because you only bet 25% on the flop and checked turn, he can absolutely have that hand. He could also have TT as well, that rivered a set. The only hand, I can think of, that you beat, is AT. However it is really tough to lay down top two, so I dont blame you for calling here. And if you play earlier streets different, you never see the river like this. So its a spot, that should not even have happened.

Very well put. I think I'd like to add that preflop, a big 4-bet would just end the hand. 4's is not a strong hand and the other player will realize that with a bigger 4-bet.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very well put. I think I'd like to add that preflop, a big 4-bet would just end the hand. 4's is not a strong hand and the other player will realize that with a bigger 4-bet.

Or if he get it in, then he is for sure the one making a long term mistake, and the runout just is, what it is.