$25 NLHE Full Ring: $ : 0.25 NL Holdem - Free card play

GotaLovePoke

GotaLovePoke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to identify leaks in my game. I am thinking I might be using the wrong bet size for when I want to make a free card play or a full out bluff. Feels like a leak in my game, opinion?

I have no info on villain, should I play more ABC when I have no info on villains? I feel I might not be considering villain enough when playing as an overall leak of my game.

pokerstars Zoom Hand #165676805191: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2017/02/04 13:30:52 ET
Table 'Whirlpool' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: PanArtem ($25 in chips)
Seat 2: Woodbrain ($29.36 in chips)
Seat 3: amestica ($8.77 in chips)
Seat 4: Guard poker ($26.22 in chips)
Seat 5: GotaLovePoke ($59.08 in chips)
Seat 6: CABEAH ($25 in chips)
Seat 7: cookiemagil ($11.51 in chips)
Seat 8: munksus ($20.49 in chips)
Seat 9: lenka20166 ($14.86 in chips)
Woodbrain: posts small blind $0.10
amestica: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to GotaLovePoke [Ah 3h]
Guard poker: folds
GotaLovePoke: calls $0.25
CABEAH: folds
cookiemagil: folds
munksus: folds
lenka20166: folds
PanArtem: folds
Woodbrain: raises $0.75 to $1
amestica: folds
GotaLovePoke: calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [Jh 5c 9h]
Woodbrain: bets $1.61
GotaLovePoke: raises $2.39 to $4
Woodbrain: raises $5.58 to $9.58
GotaLovePoke: calls $5.58
*** TURN *** [Jh 5c 9h] <font color='red'>3<font face="arial">♦</font></font>
Woodbrain: bets $18.78 and is all-in
GotaLovePoke: folds
Uncalled bet ($18.78) returned to Woodbrain
Woodbrain collected $20.45 from pot
Woodbrain: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $21.41 | Rake $0.96
Board [Jh 5c 9h 3d]
Seat 1: PanArtem (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Woodbrain (small blind) collected ($20.45)
Seat 3: amestica (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Guard poker folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: GotaLovePoke folded on the Turn
Seat 6: CABEAH folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: cookiemagil folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: munksus folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: lenka20166 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

N

ninoverm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't limp pre. Call afterwards is okay I guess, although you might wanna throw some limp-reraises in there if you've got a limping game (which you shouldn't have). A3s is a good hand for that. But that also really depends on what kinda hands you limp with.

Flat flop, and if you're gonna raise, raise bigger. When you get 3-bet after raising, you have to go with it.

Good fold on the turn, but the fact you had to fold with a big draw in such a big pot really boils down to the messy pre-flop and flop play.

Hope this helped!

bryan24

bryan24

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am OK with the preflop call. I might have checked after the flop to get a cheaper turn card. good fold on the turn....

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are trying to identify leaks i will tell you right away the 1st and major leak is your limp preflop from UTG+1. Raise can be OK but even then if you get 3bet what you gonna do. OOP you would still have to fold. IP i guess its not that bad u have more options to pick up the pot but still he is probably raising hands that dominate your hand or leave you with a 3outer post flop(if he is raising 88+) so there are reverse implied odds there even if you call IP. I would much rather call in this spot with some suited connectors like 65s, 76s and try and outflop him

From EP im mostly raising or folding. I would only limp baby pairs, sometimes KK+ trying to set a trap or limp re-raise, and occasionaly suited connectors just to balance things out.

Post flop i think i would go for a call rather then a raise in this spot. I like to play draws aggresively too but you are IP against an opponent showing a relatively strong hand, you can realize your equity cheaply or you can semi bluff raise the turn if a scare card hits(9,T,J,Q,..). Some straights might pop up on the turn, trips, flushes and when you raise the turn on those hands his is going to have a tough time continuing even with AJ QQ+. Whether if you raise the flop and get 3bet you dont only miss your chance to realize your equity cheaply, you are getting in a fold-shove spot on the turn.

As played turn fold is ok.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove flop is optimal.

playing only 1 card rather than 2 is bad.

When playing draws you want the best chances and thats to make sure you get to river and not get blown off your draw.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules