Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.10/$0.25 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624zednKr

UTG: $28.46 (114 bb)
MP: $49.96 (200 bb)
CO: $21.45 (86 bb) Vpip : 39 / 24 / 2 (38 hands)
BU: $25.27 (101 bb)
SB (Hero): $25.55 (102 bb)
BB: $26.53 (106 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with K♦ A♦
2 players fold, CO raises to $0.62, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $2.50, 1 fold, CO calls $1.88

Flop: ($5.25) J♦ 7♥ 8♦ (2 players)
Hero bets $2.50, CO raises to $6.50 , I shove

V has 12$ left . If I call OTF I need to call OTT . should I just check OTF
He could raise with QQ so I think I can still hit my two over + FD

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would do the same. You are jamming 16$ to win 43$, so even with no fold equity you only need 37% equity to break even. And unless his range is only 2 pair or better, you should have that. This mean, folding is not an option. Only question left is, if just calling is more profitable. And I think no. You are out of position, so what is the turn plan, if you miss or improve? Its a sucky spot, so I would rather jam it in myself and then either roll the nice or cash out. It gives him the chance to make a folding mistake as well.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Line: getting raised OTF oop 3-bet pot

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.10/$0.25 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624zednKr

UTG: $28.46 (114 bb)
MP: $49.96 (200 bb)
CO: $21.45 (86 bb) Vpip : 39 / 24 / 2 (38 Hands)
BU: $25.27 (101 bb)
SB (Hero): $25.55 (102 bb)
BB: $26.53 (106 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with K♦ A♦
2 players fold, CO raises to $0.62, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $2.50, 1 fold, CO calls $1.88

Flop: ($5.25) J♦ 7♥ 8♦ (2 players)
Hero bets $2.50, CO raises to $6.50 , I shove

V has 12$ left . If I call OTF I need to call OTT . should I just check OTF
He could raise with QQ so I think I can still hit my two over + FD

Hello there siwanat99, thank you very much for sharing it.

The Preflop

Standard. I prefer a smaller sizing with all of my range, but 4x is fair enough, considering CO/Villain is broken stack. We are assuming CO is unknown.

the postflop

The Flop

We got a FD+BDS+Two Overcards, and we elect to c-bet for 1/2 pot. Considering we are already bloating the size of the pot, and the fact we haven't such a wonderful equity, because we can display here some hands as AJ, A7, A8, JJ, 77 and 88 at most, if we are 3-betting too much, but most of cases we are basic with AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AQ, AK.
Well, when we go for 1/2 pot we cannot simply fold to a raise smaller than the size of the pot, but we cannot call to see if OTT we hit our equity. Yes, now we are doomed.
Here is the classic high variance spot, where it doesn't matter what both players have, we are neither winning too much, nor losing too much.
If CO has JJ, 77, 88, J7 or J8, good for it, because we have FD+BDS and we will display here at least 40% equity.
If you believe this is a good spot to be investing almost 100 blinds into a pot, go forward!
I like to consider our winrate at 25 NLHE: if we do win 10 blinds per 100 hands played, how many hands/hours do we need to play in order to recover 100 blinds lost in one single hand?
Well, I suck at mathematics, but it seems very easy to me: with a winrate of 10 bb / 100, if we do lose a pot of only 10 blinds, we need to play 100 hands in order to recover it.
But keep following crazy players advices, that we should be going all-in everytime we pick some non-sense weird equity.
I already told you: when CO, which seems an unknown, raises you here, we are mostly beated by anything it has, including AJ with TPTK is winning, or any Jx, 7x or 8x is betting the hell out of our range. I like bluffing FDs but not like this!

How would I played this? I would do what I always do out of position at the micros-mid stakes: check the flop so I can check-call, check-raise or check-fold.
Fishes love to bet versus missed c-bet, fishes love to make the pot grow when they hit TPTK and someone checks to them, so we keep ourselves pretty comfortable here, because if we do check the flop and CO bets, for example 3/4 pot, 100% pot, we can easily fold or easily jam. ;)

I don't like playing both flush nuts draw, with aces and kings, and turning them into a bluff. I rather bluff lower flushes, with low kickers, for example a FD with a Jack of diamonds, when we have it, Ten of Diamonds, Nine of Diamonds, etc.
Before putting all of your money on the pot remember we are not playing poker for free, we are paying rake, and at the micros-mid stakes the rake is very high.
At the micros-mid stakes do not expect very creative players that will be raising for bluff, plus we are blocking almost all the bluffs that could be doing for value: when a weak player check-raises OTF, it is never leaving its equity any longer, not even under a hammer fall they fold.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Last edited:
Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think your play is standard. Your SB 3bet range equity distribution should be close to CO calling range and CO shouldn't have high raising frequency on this board as you can have more nut flush draws , all the sets and overpairs that would play aggressively to realize equity as SPR <4.

If the stacks are deeper, you may want to call on the flop more with this hand when facing raise.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Equities should be somewhat close I think, this board CO should connect well, what about betting with a large polarizing bet on the flop? since this is a great draw and over-cards?