$25 NLHE 6-max: TPTK vs Lag on wet board facing jam. Fold river?

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Hand #207874698226: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2020/01/09 22:18:50 ET
Table 'Medon' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: rbann17 ($49.44 in chips)
Seat 2: justkeis ($24.10 in chips)
Seat 3: ChucKnDucK1020 ($78.48 in chips)
Seat 4: mlugas215 ($52.88 in chips)
Seat 5: Jgreenwolf18 ($58.24 in chips)
Seat 6: bumpetyb00 ($132.45 in chips)
bumpetyb00: posts small blind $0.25
rbann17: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Jgreenwolf18 [Kd As]
justkeis: calls $0.50
ChucKnDucK1020: folds
mlugas215: folds
Jgreenwolf18: raises $1 to $1.50
bumpetyb00: folds
rbann17: folds
justkeis: calls $1 (weak lag)
*** FLOP *** [Jc 3d Qd]
justkeis: checks
Jgreenwolf18: bets $1.78
justkeis: calls $1.78
*** TURN *** [Jc 3d Qd] [Ac]
justkeis: checks
Jgreenwolf18: bets $3.47
justkeis: raises $3.47 to $6.94
Jgreenwolf18: calls $3.47
*** RIVER *** [Jc 3d Qd Ac] [Js]
justkeis: bets $13.88 and is all-in
Jgreenwolf18: ?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LAG stands for 'Loose Aggressive'. If he's limping UTG, he's not aggressive, but just a weak loose fish. That's important for this hand.

A LAG is capable of making plays and aggressively semi-bluffing draws, whereas a weak loose fish is much less likely to do that. So, when he (and players like him) go off and suddenly start throwing in chips, they can usually beat 1 pair. I think the turn call is OK, but the river has to be a fold (for me, anyway).

Did you end up calling, and if so, what did he show up with?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you mean that this player is loose passive?

Either way, I think you simply need to snap this off. I would expect some combo draws + his perception you may be holding KK. Sometimes you're beat by AJ or other weird Jx hands, but I think you win enough here to justify calling here confidently.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villan limped a hand from utg +1 so I'm not putting him on a super strong range of hands of course he could be trapping with a big hand from time to time.
I think your size preflop needs to be a bit larger there's $2.75 in the pot and villan only needing to call an extra $1 for a pot of $3.75. I usually make a larger open to punish the limper around $2.50 here would have been my size.

On this flop I think you could go either way between checking and betting but you've got a range advantage so you've got all the strong hands sets over pairs and two pair combos where villan will hardly have these except maybe pocket 3s

On the turn villan has raised and he's repping AJ AQ pocket 3s K10 for the straight and could have some club flush draws as bluffs. Don't think I'd be folding here but I'm not liking it.

River
flush draw has bricked and he has shoved on a J river if you had any of the sets on the turn I think you would of shoved so if I were him I'm not putting you on QQ JJ or AA. I would likely put him on AJ or K10 or air here missed flush.

It's a difficult spot I'd expect to be seeing the goods here a lot. Why have you labelled villan weak has he played passively? I'm not sure what I'd do here what are you beating that beats for value A10 and smaller Ax surely would look for cheap showdown. for me I think it's a fold without history on villan with reads you could possibly hero here but don't think I would

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a 50nl hand. Make it $2 pre after the limper.

You pretty much have to fold river. Not sure you can really ever get 3 streets here and I'd like to take a street off but I'd play it the same and hate myself for feeling like I had to call the turn min-raise.

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstly please use a hand converter so it's easier to read. As for the hand I think it's played badly on almost every street unfortunately.

1) Isolate much bigger, $2.50 I would
2) Flop you don't have to bet, checking is fine; betting too but no need to make it big, 1/3 pot with most of your range is good as it favors your range
3) Turn c/raise is extremely strong, you are pretty much always beat; To be honest I wouldn't mind folding at all, if you call you have to fold to anything but a K or T on the river, if you can't just fold now.
4) Easy fold

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, I think this is close. Front door diamonds missed, V can have a lot of AdXd hands here that think they are likely chopping vs other Ax. V description does seem off as well. Limping in and not re-raising pre is not very LAG at all. You seem to characterize a lot of Vs as LAG. Seems like only Jx hands that are min raising turn are JdXd? I think we do run into enough Ax and diamond combo draws to make this close. It's less than a pot sized bet and since we led flop V could think Ax is good here. Normally a turn raise is trouble here but I'm not sure what to do with V description since you say he's aggressive but he doesn't show any aggression until the turn min raise. I think we need a better V description to make the right decision here. Against a LAG that likely has river bluffs and raises a lot of draws on the turn I'm calling. Against a more passive or more tight player I fold turn most of the time and river the rest of the time.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ISo larger... Check the turn and fold river. ez game.

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you mean that this player is loose passive?

Either way, I think you simply need to snap this off. I would expect some combo draws + his perception you may be holding KK. Sometimes you're beat by AJ or other weird Jx hands, but I think you win enough here to justify calling here confidently.

Weak splashy probably a better description. I ended up calling.

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, I think this is close. Front door diamonds missed, V can have a lot of AdXd hands here that think they are likely chopping vs other Ax. V description does seem off as well. Limping in and not re-raising pre is not very LAG at all. You seem to characterize a lot of Vs as LAG. Seems like only Jx hands that are min raising turn are JdXd? I think we do run into enough Ax and diamond combo draws to make this close. It's less than a pot sized bet and since we led flop V could think Ax is good here. Normally a turn raise is trouble here but I'm not sure what to do with V description since you say he's aggressive but he doesn't show any aggression until the turn min raise. I think we need a better V description to make the right decision here. Against a LAG that likely has river bluffs and raises a lot of draws on the turn I'm calling. Against a more passive or more tight player I fold turn most of the time and river the rest of the time.

Weak splashy what I meant. He limps and plays aggro post.

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian is more of a weak splashy player post who is fishy. He plays pre soft post more aggro bad badly so it's tough to classify it as a direct player type so I guess fish splashy is a better description to be honest don't have many hands with him so unsure really how to classify him. With under 250 hands my description is going to be rather vague so if that makes your mind about the decision assume my knowledge is very limited.

jgreenman18

jgreenman18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a 50nl hand. Make it $2 pre after the limper.

You pretty much have to fold river. Not sure you can really ever get 3 streets here and I'd like to take a street off but I'd play it the same and hate myself for feeling like I had to call the turn min-raise.

Honestly usually go 2 here just was multitasking missed the limp. Yeah I mean he's a bit splashy and with not much history can't really be folding min raise. Yet with little history vs a bad and a bit splashy player couldn't bring myself to fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Your isolation size is very small. I typically use 4,5BB against a single limper.

Flop
You flopped a gutshot with two overs. On this exact texture PokerSnowie suggest to not C-bet AK, and I think, the reason is, it has showdown value, and there are also a lot of hands, Villain can continue with. So while the C-bet is not terrible, checking back is perhaps a slightly better option.

Turn
You hit TPTK but on a pretty dangerous board, so its almost a little thin to bet for value. As on the flop betting is not terrible, but checking back is an option. You do bet, and now he check-raise. This is pretty gross, and it is a classic Baluga Theorem spot. You are probably beat here, but its a mini-raise, so you kind of have to call, even just to try and improve.

River
You did not improve, so a pretty easy fold.

Folding in Poker