$25 NLHE 6-max: NL25-6max. Bet sizes suitable for this hand?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the end of my writing I leave in link of the hand played.
In this hand I have a lot of information about the villains I played with. I face the blind and utg in this sequence. I am in the BTN. Only 4 players left at the table. We have been playing for several hours and this is one of the last hands of the night.
In preflop, I try to steal the chips quickly. Therefore, I choose a size larger than the standard. The BB increases x2.5. At this moment I sense that BB wants to exploit my BTN opening range (he observed that normally my openings from there are smaller, so he wants me to perceive a lot of strength in his range). I try to avoid this intimidation and make another increase to approximately 2x. He calls and we go to the flop:

Flop: Ks 4c 6h Boat (9.18) 2 players.
I place a small continuation bet of 30% of the size of the pot. I notice that the texture of the board favors me. Of course villain could have KX in his range. The BB calls and we go to the turn.

Turn: Ks 4c 6h 3d Boat (15.56)
Again I make a bet very similar to that of the flop, but very slightly inferior to it. I honestly don't expect low streets in your range.

River: Ks 4c 6h 3d Th Boat (25.68)
I find the low board favorable and decide to go to the push. The lower spr at 1 and the disproportion in the final bet, I think it is a determining factor that I considered, to generate a high fold equity in this place.
I have decided to play a weak line, with a sequence totally out of the recommended. I don't think I played profitable, but I would like to know your opinions about the bet sizes I chose, during the development of this hand.
Here the hand link:
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/4qdDGZ3

Regards.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you've admitted in your write up that you have bet sizing tells. The better your Vs are the more they will pick up on this. Be careful. We can play wider 4 ways and I'm not strong short handed but J6o still looks like a "fold pre" to me. If we are stealing here use our standard sizing. When we get 3 bet we should probably fold. But if somehow we have a read that he's 3 betting light then make a standard 4 bet, your 4 bet sizing is like 2x. What hand is he going to fold to this sizing? Even his 3 bet bluffs probably continue for this price. At this point we are just building a pot with a weak hand in position. I like the flop bet and sizing. I think we have to size up turn though. I would only bet 1/3 on the turn here with two pair+ because we are pricing in all of his Kx and 77-QQ with this bet and forcing ourselves to overbet jam river in a lot of cases. As played turning our hand into a bluff and jamming river does look like KK+. And it's good to polarize when our value range is narrow. But if V has Kx he could still decide to bluff catch some since he blocks a lot of our value. So in my humble opinion, first fold pre. Second, fold to 3 bet or 4 bet larger (2.5x + is fine in position). Third, size up turn to 2/3 or so (that would still leave us with $26 and a pot of $35 or so, giving our jam reasonable fold equity if we go that route and allowing us to take it down on the turn vs some of his 77-QQ range). I don't mind the river jam depending on the opponent. If this is the type of V that would have raised a strong hand before the river then the jam gets through a lot. If this is a more passive V who doesn't mind calling down with huge hands or is a station, then I would give up on the river more often. This one looks like it got out of line some and one issue compounded on another making it tougher and tougher as the hand progressed. Congrats on taking it down.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you've admitted in your write up that you have bet sizing tells. The better your Vs are the more they will pick up on this. Be careful. We can play wider 4 ways and I'm not strong short handed but J6o still looks like a "fold pre" to me. If we are stealing here use our standard sizing. When we get 3 bet we should probably fold. But if somehow we have a read that he's 3 betting light then make a standard 4 bet, your 4 bet sizing is like 2x. What hand is he going to fold to this sizing? Even his 3 bet bluffs probably continue for this price. At this point we are just building a pot with a weak hand in position. I like the flop bet and sizing. I think we have to size up turn though. I would only bet 1/3 on the turn here with two pair+ because we are pricing in all of his Kx and 77-QQ with this bet and forcing ourselves to overbet jam river in a lot of cases. As played turning our hand into a bluff and jamming river does look like KK+. And it's good to polarize when our value range is narrow. But if V has Kx he could still decide to bluff catch some since he blocks a lot of our value. So in my humble opinion, first fold pre. Second, fold to 3 bet or 4 bet larger (2.5x + is fine in position). Third, size up turn to 2/3 or so (that would still leave us with $26 and a pot of $35 or so, giving our jam reasonable fold equity if we go that route and allowing us to take it down on the turn vs some of his 77-QQ range). I don't mind the river jam depending on the opponent. If this is the type of V that would have raised a strong hand before the river then the jam gets through a lot. If this is a more passive V who doesn't mind calling down with huge hands or is a station, then I would give up on the river more often. This one looks like it got out of line some and one issue compounded on another making it tougher and tougher as the hand progressed. Congrats on taking it down.

Thanks for the tips. Your ideas are excellent. Actually betting preflop for a size larger than the standard, is a strategy I am studying for special cases. In this sequence I moved far from the line. In the flop we have good implicit to induce protections of J-J; 77 and 8-8. The villain does not attack, so he is defending his hand of courage. With my range I don't block AK (12 combos) or KQs / 3 combos, which could increase on the turn. I also include Q-Q in the v range. I assume that these hands will fold if they have the maximum pressure. In fact with this texture, I try to represent pocket 6-6, or set of T achieved on the river. The texture favored me, but this is a risky road that I rarely carry out.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands