$25 NLHE 6-max: Folding too much/too tight?

What would you do with QQ?

• Fold to 4 bet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fold turn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
N

nzpkr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PS Zoom
Hero - CO $35
Villan - MP $62

Folds to MP, MP (Villan) raises to $0.78, CO (Hero), 3bet to $2.30, folds round to MP who 4bets to $6.32. I call (maybe i should of folded here???:confused::confused:)

Flop 547 rainbow

MP checks, I bet $10, mp calls,

turn 10

MP shoves.

Am i folding too much if i fold QQ here? Or should I of folded pre?:confused:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you are playing 25NL Zoom, I will assume, that an unknown Villain is able to have some 4-bet bluffs. So I dont really see, how you can get away from QQ preflop. Postflop you are in a kind of awkward spot, because you are 140BB deep. QQ is perhaps not a completely automatic stack off for that many blinds, but its certainly also not a trivial fold. The flop really changed nothing at all, so if you were ahead preflop, you are still ahead now.

However your bet was very large and kind of committed you to the pot. And this is perhaps not the best way to play the hand. He probably just fold all his air, and then you left basically with the only two hands, that beat you, AA and KK. Its better to put out a very small bet here or even check back to induce him to bluff on the turn.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it's not for everyone, but QQ is still an automatic 5 bet shove for me preflop.

I agree with fund that the flop changes nothing, but do think that TT and JJ are definitely in villain's range. In short, I would call the turn shove.

N

nzpkr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In short i did call the turn shove with a crying call, i felt beat pre, and it was pretty much confirmed on the flop,

but i felt that folding there especially in 25nl zoom i would be folding too much. As sidetracked said JJ could be in their range, along with AA, KK, QQ, ive even seen AK as bluffs in this type of spot. With $40 in the pot, needing to call $17 i need to be right just under half the time... i think its pretty close....

and the villan did have AA...

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PS Zoom
Hero - CO $35
Villan - MP $62

Folds to MP, MP (Villan) raises to $0.78, CO (Hero), 3bet to $2.30, folds round to MP who 4bets to $6.32. I call (maybe i should of folded here???:confused::confused:)

Flop 547 rainbow

MP checks, I bet $10, mp calls,

turn 10

MP shoves.

Am i folding too much if i fold QQ here? Or should I of folded pre?:confused:

Maybe you should have folded preflop because it seems you have no hand history with Villain, plus the fact it polarized its 4-bet range oop, which, at the micros and mid stakes are never a good indication.
Considering this is a Zoom table, opponent will always have the nuts baby, be prepared for anything at zoom tables.
Well, I would have folded preflop, because Villain gives me no price for continuing with 77-QQ, or even Ax-AQ, KQ, etc. Its 4-bet sizings is around 2.7x which is way too large for continuing:
When you do call with 77-QQ you are praying for a low board, plus villain has all the KK and AA on its range.
Why did you bet OTF anyway? Your bet is very polarized and non-sense, since we do not expect many worst hands paying here, such as 88, 99, TT, JJ and AK, for example: all of these hands should be folding to your c-bet flop and hands that continue paying are KK and AA, hands that Villain will have on its range and we won't have it.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Folding in Poker