$25 NLHE 6-max: Do you fold a straight here?

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

Villain is unknown with no notes on him. No stats as well as PP doesn't allow huds.
I mean the guy bets the flop vs 3 opponents. I don't know if he is a reg or not but even if I did I don't see a range where he has bluffs here. Is he ever betting worse?
The only hand that I think of to be this strong to take this line is AsQs and maybe 6s5s.
You could make an argument of shoving turn but how much fold equity do I have when he bets the flop vs 3 opponents? Also I don't rep much since I am mostly x/r sets on the flop.

BTN: $36.94 (147.8 bb)
SB: $33.42 (133.7 bb)
Hero (BB): $40.24 (161 bb)
UTG: $25.00 (100 bb)
MP: $34.55 (138.2 bb)
CO: $25.00 (100 bb)

SB posts $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has :5c4: :6c4:
fold, MP raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.10, 4 players) :3s4: :7s4: :qc4:
Hero checks, MP bets $1.97, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.97

Turn: ($7.04, 2 players) :2c4:
Hero checks, MP bets $4.48, Hero calls $4.48

River: ($16.00, 2 players) :4s4:
Hero checks, MP bets $15.70, Hero ?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think I get here like this but if I did I would be calling. V should have over pairs, sets, and big Qx especially with spade blockers.

I don't like the flop float with just a gut shot and backdoor for 2/3 pot. Like you said, he c-bet strong into a 4 way pot, why are we floating so thin and OOP to boot? As played I agree raising turn doesn't rep much but now we can't fold. As played we only lose to flushes on the river. How can we be sure he has the very few flush combos that can both raise pre and triple barrel here? If we are folding here I think it makes our flop float even more -EV. Even if the flop was rainbow and some of our outs didn't bring in the flush I still don't like the flop float OOP for this sizing when he's betting into a 4 way pot.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't think I get here like this but if I did I would be calling. V should have over pairs, sets, and big Qx especially with spade blockers.

I don't like the flop float with just a gut shot and backdoor for 2/3 pot. Like you said, he c-bet strong into a 4 way pot, why are we floating so thin and OOP to boot? As played I agree raising turn doesn't rep much but now we can't fold. As played we only lose to flushes on the river. How can we be sure he has the very few flush combos that can both raise pre and triple barrel here? If we are folding here I think it makes our flop float even more -EV. Even if the flop was rainbow and some of our outs didn't bring in the flush I still don't like the flop float OOP for this sizing when he's betting into a 4 way pot.

I felt like I had some implied odds there. Also I am never calling a gutter there without a FD or a BDFD.
I think you are right it feels -EV when I hit and fold especially without info.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
decent flop xr hand but sucks it's multiway+ large cb, can xr turn too & barrel decent rivers, river is probably a fold. Because he's barrelling heavy on a 4way pot+ the board heavily favours us all 3 streets so it's very likely QJ/KQ/AQ of spades

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Fine to defend the BB with a decent suited connector.

Flop
This is the main inflexion point in the hand, and if you are going to continue with a junky draw like this, it has to be with aggression. Your hand is simply not good enough to play without fold equity. Sure his C-bet into 3 players and for this size look pretty strong, and you are only representing 6 combos of sets, so you probably dont have a lot of fold equity on the flop.

But this just mean, you need to plan a dubble and tripple barrel on a lot of runouts, so you force him to have a real hand and make a real hero call against you on the river. And the board is kind of perfect for it, because there is a frontdoor flush draw, which you can represent, plus your actual draws are pretty well disguised, so you should be able to get paid a decent amount of the time, when you get there.

So my plan here is to check-raise the flop, bet the turn and jam the river on a decent amount of runouts. And if you are not willing to do that, because its "to risky", then there is nothing wrong with just folding and moving on to the next hand. Check-calling is the worst option and almost certainly losing you money long term.

Turn
As played I like check-calling, because now you actually have some equity, but you likely still have almost no fold equity. You also dont want to get jammed on and have to make a gross decision for stacks.

River
You made a straight, but frontdoor flush also came in, and he bet almost pot. I kind of hate, that he bet so much, but I think, you have to call. There is no point in chasing after a draw and then folding, when you make your hand. If he coolered you with a flush, then this is part of the reason why, you dont play a junky draw like this passively.

Sure this might also have happened, if you took the aggressive route, and he had like AsQs or KsQs. But the point is, the presense of the frontdoor flushdraw cuts down on your implied odds, and then you need fold equity even more. River could also have been 2s, and if you were the player with the initiative, now you could jam and probably get him off even something as strong as AA or KK.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold :D. Such an ugly spot. You will see here bluff or weaker hand very rare. And this is almost pot size bet. I can't see how this will be profitable call.

And OTF, wtf, man, just fold. You are last...And OOP...Vs this size....Can't be a big mistake. With BD FD. But still, I will fold there. OTF...

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it makes a lot of sense just to raise it OTF. If I am going to raise my sets i should probably include some bluffs like this that don't involve FD's so I can effectively bluff many runouts.
Still it interests me is this hand a call at any frequency cause I find myself calling here a descent amount.
I will be running it through GTO+ but it won't give me a definitive answer since it can't do multiway calculations.

I know villain never bluffs here it's just does he bet worse and now thinking about it he probably does but I folded thinking at the time as an exploit it will be the right decision.

Folding in Poker