$25 NLHE 6-max: Anyone able to help with some boring hands?

J

Jordansimo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

As in the title. Would appreciate some hands reviewing from my 25nl session which I was unsure about. I'm currently without a HUD due to a PC issue so was playing mostly readless.

First hand:

I open ATo from the SB, BB flats. I know villain as being extremely aggressive vs checks.
Flop is T54r. I check and he half pots. I check raise to pot and he calls.
Turn is offsuit K. I bet about half pot hoping to get called by his 66-99. He calls.
River is J. I check and he pots it and I fold.

Not sure if I can really fault my play, the run out wasn't great and puts a bunch of two pair combos out there. I think the flop CR is good as an exploit vs villain type but not sure on my turn/river play.

Second hand:

I open AKcc UTG and the CO flats.

Flop is As Ks 2s. I bet 1/3 pot and get CR to pot. Not too great but a clear call.

Turn is Td and villain half pots and I call.

River is 3s and it checks through. He wins with A8o with the 8s.
Obviously irritating outcome but I'm not sure what my flop play should have been. I can't see a flop 3 bet being reasonable and vs his line my hand is essentially a bluff catcher.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi guys,

As in the title. Would appreciate some hands reviewing from my 25nl session which I was unsure about. I'm currently without a HUD due to a PC issue so was playing mostly readless.

First hand:

I open ATo from the SB, BB flats. I know villain as being extremely aggressive vs checks.
Flop is T54r. I check and he half pots. I check raise to pot and he calls.
Turn is offsuit K. I bet about half pot hoping to get called by his 66-99. He calls.
River is J. I check and he pots it and I fold.

Hello there Jordansimo, well if the Villain is over aggressive I don't see why to check-raise such a vulnerable hand out of position such as TPTK. Besides, we open way many hands from the SB, and we cannot represent too much here almost never.
If you didn't check-raised the flop you could get a cheaper river, instead you had to fold.
First, sorry had to edit it, over aggressive players have more bluffs than values on their ranges, so when we do check-raise OTF it is easy for over aggressive to be folding its bluffs and continue with strong hands only, besides our range from the SB is very uncapped and can simply has 100% of hands, this is why we are almost never check-raising SB x BB flops.

Second hand:

I open AKcc UTG and the CO flats.

Flop is As Ks 2s. I bet 1/3 pot and get CR to pot. Not too great but I'm expecting a CO flatting range to have more pocket pairs then suited hands.

Turn is Td and villain half pots and I call.

River is 8s and it checks through. He wins with A8o with the 8s.

Obviously irritating outcome but I'm not sure what my flop play should have been. I can't see a flop CR being reasonable and vs his line my hand is essentially a bluff catcher.

Sorry, but this is not possible. How could the river be a 8 of Spades and Villain to be holding 8 of Spades? Second, CO should not be check-raising you here with its weak draws, because you have all the AA, KK and AK on your range and the only hands that could be raising for protection is 33, because it would be nasty for a made flush to raise here to get a ton of folds in the face.
So, having information that CO has only 1 combo of 33 that we are losing but not by far, we should be re-raising this spot or jamming with AA, KK and AK, for value and protection, so we do not let stupid player to realize its equity for a cheap price, plus we put its non-sense range into a lot of trouble.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Last edited:
J

Jordansimo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry you are absolutely right! My brain must have glitched when I was reading my notes. Have edited.

Thanks for the quick response it makes a ton of sense

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the first hand. I think your play is fine. An alternative to your river play would be to continue betting, but with the very explicit idea of folding if raised.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands