$25 NLHE 6-max: AA against two allin on the flop

4TWeen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you give me some feedback?
The first player UTG is a fish.
The player on the SB is a bad reg 22/16 (375 hands). Raise cbet: 12 WTSD: 36.
The player on the BB is also a bad reg 28/18. WTSD: 28.

Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $25 (100 bb)
BB: $103.91 (415.6 bb)
UTG: $7.69 (30.8 bb)
Hero (MP): $26.49 (106 bb)
CO: $25 (100 bb)
BTN: $76.52 (306.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Ad Ac
UTG raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.90, 2 folds, SB calls $1.80, BB calls $1.65, UTG calls $1.40

Flop: ($7.60) 5d Td 9s (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $5, SB raises to $23.10 and is all-in, BB calls $23.10, UTG folds

Hero?

M

MattJM68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you hoping to see when you call?? One of A10s (2 combos) JJ,QQ, and a flush draw/ combo draw like QJd, KJd?? That puts you on about 50% and you should call. However, you could be looking at a flush/combo draw alongside a set of 9s or 10s and are therefore almost dead.
Having the Ad reduces opponents flush draws dramatically and therefore reduces their bluffing range.

Personally I like a fairly tight(ish) fold here as I think there are too many hands that beat you, and even your best case scenario isn't great.

Let me know your thoughts

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's unusual action Preflop. For both the blinds to flat call I'd be putting them on 77-KK and AK AQs so I'd fold. One of them probably has a set. All the money has gone in and you have one pair, it's not usually good here.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agree with above comment this is a painful fold here

4TWeen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I folded and I was quite sure about the fold. But then I found that the SB had KQ of diamonds and the BB had KTo, and the aces held 😂.
But as long as it is a good fold on the long run...

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look at this thread. Its similar.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-game-hand-analysis-50/5-nlhe-6-max-3-bet-353699/

So looking at the equivalent math here its closer than I thought but still a fold
Assumed 25% equity. Pot is around 59 and its 18 to call so 3.2 to 1 when you need 4-1
Now once you know you can widen their ranges you will have more equity so its going to be closer. I'll look in more detail later but if it were 14 to call you'd be priced in.

P

Papier24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also tend towards folding in this position but I actually think the decision is quite close because you described the opponents as bad players. The fact that both blinds flat called your 3bet also shows that you're probably not up against the best players. They don't really get the right odds to set mine. I don't think the BB ever gets away from top pair in this situation.

The pot is already pretty huge and as Figaroo2 already mentioned you only need around 31% equity. I think it really depends on how good you know the SB. Have you seen him shoving with combo draws in multiway pots before ? Do both overvalue top pair from time to time ? So if you don't have a clear answer to this question I would definetely fold. As mentioned having the ace of diamons in your hand is not really favorable too. On the other hand you have AA, this give you atleast the possibilty to beat hands like JJ, QQ or KK. I don't think they flatcall KK here though.
Without the Ace of diamonds and a good read on your opponent I think you have to call since the odds area alright and you can still fold JJ-KK in order to have a balanced calling range.

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi!
i expect to see kq...straight draw with 2 overcards
and some times a flush draw with overcards
they cant fold and try to push in my opinion
also you have to call there!

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
looks like short stacked UTG's min raise screwed the preflop action , think you have to 3bet to a normal 9-10bbs here to avoid giving people behind good odds to call and see a flop

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you had very in depth reads on exactly what their shoving ranges are, I think it's a fold.

Knowing what you now know, next time it can be a call.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You block A10 so I feel like you are losing to the BB more often than not. You also block the ace high flush draws. Tough spot really. I would lean towards a fold but wouldn’t like it. Your hand seems face up too so would BB really call with JJ?

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
looks like short stacked UTG's min raise screwed the preflop action , think you have to 3bet to a normal 9-10bbs here to avoid giving people behind good odds to call and see a flop

The hero did 3-bet to round 7.5BB but SB and BB still called.
I saw people defending their blinds with pretty bad cards, so it doesn't surprise me to see them having KT and KQ but I guess that on the long run, fold is good, painful but good :)

thylmanoid

thylmanoid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good fold in my opinion.

M

MrSamsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is important to remember that your 3-bet range pre flop includes a lot of strong Ax suited hands as well as JJ+. KQdd has a lot of equity against that range on this particular board but it would be hard to put villain on this particular hand

This is where the fishy factor comes into play. Fish never play sets like FD its counter intuitive to them they play FD's like FD's. So it really leaves the call behind by the bb which even then his range you should still be ahead of a fair amount of the time

So its a call in my opinion

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Things went off the rails pre-flop when you raised. IMHO, it was too small. After the UTG min raise there was $0.85 in the pot. Hero's raise to $1.90 encouraged the call fest. After Hero calls the $0.50 min raise there is $1.35 in the pot, effectively making his raise pot size. UTG looks to be a caller even if one one else calls needing to call $1.40 to win $2.75. Once the Sb blind calls BB and UTG are priced in.

AA is a great starting hand, but it does not play well against 3 callers, Its 50% to win at best. IMHO, the 3-bet should be another $1 more to limit the number of hands against you.

As played, if your assessment of the other players is correct, you need to be a favorite to call off your stack. If they are as bad as you think, you need to save your bullets.