$25 NLHE 6-max: 77 on the button facing bets on every street

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No reads, honestly just sat down at the table. This was one of my first shots at 30NL so please rip into me if you see any blunders.

Looking back, I think 3 betting is something I normally do a lot at 10NL, although not always.

PokerStars - $0.30 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 58.57 BB
BB: 101.3 BB
UTG: 41.77 BB
CO: 97 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7 7

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 3 A A
CO bets 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Turn: (11.5 BB, 2 players) 9
CO bets 6 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

River: (23.5 BB, 2 players) 7
CO bets 19 BB, Hero ....

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go for a raise on the river. If he shoves I would probably fold.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calling the flop is fine.

Calling the turn is marginal.

Then you hit your miracle card on the river. You have just over a pot sized raise left, so I would shove and look to get paid by all the big Aces.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Both 3-betting and calling is fine. At these limits I would mix it up to be less predictable.

Flop
Calling is fine.

Turn
As previous poster said, calling is a little marginal, but with two aces on the board rather than one, its a little less likely, he has one, and you have a bad flushdraw as well, which is sometimes live, if you are behind. So I guess, this is ok, but would not hate a fold either.

River
I would move all in now and hope to get called by a flush or trips. Yeah from time to time he will have a better boat, but we cant live in constant fear of those monsters under the bed :)

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems fine. I would not fold a pair on the floor and with the flushdraw you have to call turn. I would just jam the river. Hope to get called by a flush.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking into account that they are low bets, we can get the maximum value on the river. But this move is not good at higher stakes, the reason is that we are eliminating all bluffs in the villain's range and we will only be called with better boats. Already from medium stakes we must call here, for the reason that we reached the top of our range and we cannot fold on the river.
Greetings.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just to illustrate a bit and assuming we don't have any V-readings. Assuming we decide push on the river, what bluffs/values are we representing concretely? Any flush? A pair of kings? If this is the case the villain should defend his best flushes with 3 combos: Kd-Xd; Qd-Xd; Jd-Xd. We have the rest of the flushes with 3 combos of value: Td-8d; Td-7d; Td-6d. Besides that, other important value that we beat is the minor full house scale with 3-3 (3 combos).
If we think this villain is too clingy, he could bluff with 8 combos of AKo and even 16 combos more of AQo + AJo.
On the other hand, we lose against 18 combos: AA (1c); A3 (6c); A9 (6c); A7 (2c) and 9-9 (3c).
If we push on the river and the villain is a good player, we will only be defeating exactly 6 combos at most: the 3 flush combos + 3 combos de 3-3.The rest of bluff catchers should not continue in V, assuming that we have a solid image in the table.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OTF fine, OTT without info just no, OTR snap call. You think about raise OTR!? I don't think so, I will just call :D. You assume he will bet like that with any Ax, flush and/or he will call with any Ax and flush. I think this is too optimistic at NL25. Vs unknown...
Oh, he is not unknown, sorry :D. 97bb, snap shove...

And for this 3bet vs Co with 77. I think I never did that. Too weak for depolarized range, too strong for polarized. Maybe this is the last hand, with which I will 3bet vs CO IP.

Last edited: