$2000 NLHE Full Ring: Hero call with bottom pair?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain is very aggro, thinking TAG that is a bit of an actin junkie. Sorta passive preflop. He most be a member of the upswing lab, he basically just uses doug's ideas to play. 500 BB

Hero is Loose, big stack, i look a bit nitty because i have made a few hero-folds that i showed. Idk why i did that. 800 BB

Folds to hero is mp2
Hero raises to 80 with 2d 2c
Folds to villain in HJ, v calls.
Folds to BB, BB calls.

Flop: Kh 4d 5s Pot: 240

Hero continues for 150
Villain raises to 400
BB folds

Turn: 8h Pot: 1040

Hero checks
Villain checks

River: Kd Pot: 540

Hero checks
Villain bets 800

Can i call this? I never felt like he had a King, i put him on AQ, AJ the whole way.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's a fold flop. You just can't call here with 4th pair, because its like counting for a miracle that he will give up on later streets and he won't hit his random bluffs which he shouldn't have many as it's a 3 way pot. You are OOP, you can't control a pot, almost every turn and river is bad for you, except 2 and you just involve yourself in a hard spot. If he doesn't bluff and he has something then your equity is very very low. I would prefer to have here a hand like QTs with bdfd than 22 and call it vs a raise. Even some random hands like J7s, Q6s would be better. That's why on river it's just a fold. You shouldn'e be there. Of course his line looks a little bluffy but his raise on flop was a bit small (stiill it doesn't excuse our call) and he overbets the river after check turn. He still could have some weak Kx, 76s hit straight on turn and sometimes he could try to be tricky, and what sense to bet AQ, AJ on river if K would mostly hit you after this line. And you still could check it on river to make him bluff. You just try to bluffcatch his random bluff on really dry board. That's why I would definitely fold.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would sometimes raise (not saying it’s correct), but never call.

Like Misaki says, for me the key point is that 22 is just too low in value. a) Any future card is bad b) Any shitty hand like 65 he turns to a bluff still is a best hand

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, yeah. I agree, flop call was a bit loose. 2-outer even versus k3o

I did feel like i was ahead though, so i went ahead. actually, not every card is bad, a 3 would give me an oesd:D:D but yes other than that.

The river wasn't an overbet, the pot was still around 1k, idk y i put 540?? I guess most of his hands are either bluffs or value. y would a hand with showdown value, like an 8, 4, 5 or weak king want to bet the river?

I call, he shows the Ad and sorta shrugs. Mucked the other one, and i sorta knew what it was so i didn't ask to see.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say (our live players here) that it's very important to trust your reads // instinct.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OOP that is sick. I'm never putting in $1,000 dollars in with weak hand and I never raise with pocket pairs except 99+

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OOP that is sick. I'm never putting in $1,000 dollars in with weak hand and I never raise with pocket pairs except 99+

So do you recommend an open-limp? or just fold the worst pair in the deck... When i'm playing loose i have a fairly balanced range that includes all pocket pairs. Also, you have to remeber that 1k is 50BB, so it is like putting in $1 at nl2.

A

Alexchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why opening 22 in the MP is so terrible... Maybe next time you can limp call this hand if you want to play this.

Facing this Aggro Cbet here looks like a long term -EV. He will call you with a wide range.

Should fold the Check raise. What if he continues to bet the turn and river, will you still call? Of course, you want a cheap showdown and hope he will give up the barrel.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As deep stacked as they are betting 22 from MP is not out of the ordinary. Even if he gets 3 betted you can call and set mine if deep stacked. One can call if one has a read on flop, but then again villain bets into 2 people. Would fold on flop.

As played after check check on turn would call his river bet (the extra K favors you as it probably did not hit him).