$2000 NLHE Full Ring: Aces full versus c/raise-reraise

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero is LAG, been playing fairly standard game. Very deep, 900+BB
Villain has been playing a long time, running hot, thinking TAG that is pretty much the norm for these stakes. Covers hero.

Hero is UTG
Hero raises to 80 with Ac As
Folds to villain in HJ
Villain calls 80
Co, bttn, blinds fold

Flop: Ah 5h 5d Pot: 190
Hero checks
Villain bets 100
Hero calls

Turn: 6h Pot: 390
Hero checks
Villain bets 250
Hero calls

River: 7h Pot: 890
Hero checks
Villain tanks, bets 400
Hero raises to 1500
Villain raises to 10,000
Hero?

I will start with pre, fairly straightforward, I make it 4x with the nuts and he calls IP. His range is fairly wide open, he knows I’m loose, he could have a variety of hands. I would say something like this is his range: 22+, A2+, K9+, Q8+, J7+, 43s +, 54o+.
He 3-bets most of his 77+, ATs+, KQo combos, as he knows his 3-bets have less fold equity against me he is less inclined to have light raises like A2s.

Flop: Flop aces full, second nuts. Wonderful. Fairly easy c/call. He can bet here with any 5, any 2 hearts, any ace (unlikely) since this flop hits his LP calling range more than my loose open.

Turn is another pretty good card for me. His flush draw just completed, he picked up some str8 draws maybe. Another check call.
River is interesting, I planned a river c/raise all the way and I still have a super strong hand. 4th nuts only losing to quads or a SF. He bets around ½ pot. 4-to-a-flush on the board, so not a great spot for his non-nut flush combos like JT. He can obviously bet with Kh, I would probably check back the Qh unless I had maybe QJ or QT to block some of my ace-king high flushes.
When I c/raise he should know I have at least a boat. What can he re-raise a c-raise with? Even 66, 77 have to probably flat this. His flushes should probably fold. can 66, 77 even bet this flop?

He raises me super big. Pot is around 3k and he makes it 10K. Over bet polarized his range to 55, 9h8h, or a complete bluff. What should I do? Call? Or Fold?

I went ahead and made the call, sort of expecting to lose.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think I can fold there. If I had A5 then maybe because of the multiple full houses but not the best full house.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the moment you did not make the continuation bet you left the villain comfortable to try to win the hand or wait to have odds.

I believe he would make that bet with hands like flush, straight, three of a kind and fullhouse. maybe it could do with 2 pairs, being a pocket pair above TT.

I'd hardly let go of that hand if I'd played it that way, 90% of the range I put the villain in, he's losing.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think he would have many bluffs on this board, river tank could indicate monster.

I agree he would't re-raise with 66 as you don't have Ah, so maybe only KQh he could get some more values from.

I guess he could have 43h as well but not sure I can fold this hand when playing live. Kudos to the villain if he does have air

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult spot only 3 combos that beat you. I wonder what hand he could bet with and then re-raise your raise on the river with. His range is so polarized due to the big bet he makes. Would not love the spot but would probably call as you have a hand that is probably one of the best in your range and it blocks the villain from having AA and making this play for value.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you fold here you open yourself up to a very exploitable situation. If you are folding top boat here what are you calling with? ONLY quads and straight flushes? This is a sigh/call situation. Chalk it up to variance if you are beat.

Results? :p Im curious

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't fold. If you're debating folding here, then honestly you shouldn't be playing this deep.

Also, why no c-bet? I mean you played this hand like you were telegraphing what you had. That might be the only reason I'd even consider folding, because you played it like you had AA. If he has 8h9h or 55... then... opps.

I don't get the river CR either vs. any decent lag.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you fold here you open yourself up to a very exploitable situation. If you are folding top boat here what are you calling with? ONLY quads and straight flushes? This is a sigh/call situation. Chalk it up to variance if you are beat.

Results? :p Im curious

I agree. I can't fold here, i really should never have even thought about it lol. He does end up showing 55. Yuck.

You can't fold. If you're debating folding here, then honestly you shouldn't be playing this deep.

Also, why no c-bet? I mean you played this hand like you were telegraphing what you had. That might be the only reason I'd even consider folding, because you played it like you had AA. If he has 8h9h or 55... then... opps.

I don't get the river CR either vs. any decent lag.

So you want me to bet this flop? What if he has something like 66 or 77? Then he folds and we miss value. I agree, i did sorta play this like AA...

So you are basically saying that we should check/call rivers with aces full? Or lead? What does value-leading the river rep other than AA, 9h8h, 55? What can he call with that doesn't beat us?