Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
£1/1 live weekend game

UTG+2: £300,MAWG, TAG, no out of line play
BTN £150, tight image

UTG straddled. +2 raised to £10. BTN called. Blinds and UTG straddle folded.

Flop: (2 players, £24) 755♠
UTG+2 checked. BTN bet £12. UTG+2 called.

Very dry board. I don't see I need bet big here and would stab 100% on this flop if villain checked back.

Turn: (2 players, £48) T
UTG+2 checked. BTN checked.

If it is low card I would have overbet with this hand. I don't see AQ/AK those float would call another street unless there are backdoor flush draws. I am more inclined to bet 65s,A5s but perhaps I should bet 75% pot with this hand as well targeting nut flush draws and some overpairs.

River: (2 players, £48) 2
UTG+2 bet £20, BTN raised to £60. UTG snap-called.

I think I should raise slightly bigger given I checked back turn to target some flushes and A5dd. In-game I planned to raise-fold here as villain will almost takes this line with TT/55 only.

Thoughts?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm assuming you have 77 here and flopped a boat? The top set text is confusing. Assuming you have 77 I like the pre flop call and the flop bet and sizing. I think we should continue to rep 7x by betting turn small, we have to build a pot when we are this strong and closing the action. Bet 15 or 20 to charge over pairs and flush draws. When the flush comes in on the river and V leads I'm 4x raising (or if we would have led turn that may mean a jam is in play). There are plenty of 2 street hands we can play like this but when we get a hand strong enough to go 3 streets I would rather size down turn then check. Even when we get folds it can stay with Vs and give us a better chance of getting called in the future ("he can't have it every time" syndrome). I would rather bet and get too many folds allowing us to bet more often until they adjust then check and play smaller pots more often making us look tighter and possibly making Vs fold when we do go for three streets.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would bet this turn, maybe 40% of the pot. Villain can protect several formed couples, or even raise an raise strong position compatible. On the river he would continue betting. Maybe half the boat, to propose some equity to your range of calls. As you played I think that a larger size would give you a higher rate of return. I think I would do 4x.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would bet the turn. If he has nothing, you are not going to win a big pot anyway, so I would rather try to maximize value the times, he is strong enough to continue. You dont have to bomb the turn, something like half pot will get the job done. Rest of the hand seem fine to me.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks all, villain called with AA in this hand, not sure if he had Ah.