Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live £1/£1 cash, 8-max
Loose table, many love limping or call £5-10 raise with mediocre hands

BTN: LAG, love raising almost every hand and attack limpers > £150 stack
SB (Hero): tight passive image, didn't bluff any hand in 4 hours > £150 stack

HJ limped, CO called. BTN raised to £10 and SB called. BB folded and HJ,CO called.

Flop (£42)

48T rainbow

SB , HJ and CO checked. BTN bet £22 and I called. HJ and CO folded.[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Turn (£86)

K , still rainbow

SB checked and BTN bet £44.

I just think he would double barrel with any two cards to attack passive opponents like me so I shoved as I had a tight passive image, and he folded.

1.Would you rather 3bet pre-flop ?
2.Do you think my play here was too aggressive?

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm a pretty terrible cash player, but i'll give my opinion none the less haha. i would have reraised preflop to knock some people out.

then on that board i'd c-bet honestly hoping for a fold, but being willing to flip with someone who likely also has two overs.

i'm also likely betting the turn but likely folding to a reraise or a river

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could definitely 3bet preflop, and I would be a lot with this hand especially because if we just call we are almost guaranteed to go multiway.

I really really really don't like your flop call. I mean, you describe this player as being kind of crazy, so I understand you think you might be ahead, and if we were heads up this would be a really standard continue imo.

But you're not heads up. In fact we are 4 ways to this flop. HJ and CO most likely check their entire ranges over to the preflop aggressor (who you describe as being quite aggressive) and our call won't discourage them from overcalling with plenty of 1 pair hands. Even a check raise is better than a check call but I would be folding here.

As played, now that we're heads up, I don't mind check raising the turn since this is a card I'd expect him to barrel with a lot of his air, and we do also pick up equity. But we really shouldn't be getting here imo.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Scourrge. The reason I didn't 3bet is that the table is so loose and HJ/CO are likely to call standard 3bet size e.g. £30. Agree flop check/call is terrible, though I had the impression HJ would have donk bet with made hands. Anyway, next time I would raise to £40 preflop.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could definitely 3bet preflop, and I would be a lot with this hand especially because if we just call we are almost guaranteed to go multiway.

I really really really don't like your flop call. I mean, you describe this player as being kind of crazy, so I understand you think you might be ahead, and if we were heads up this would be a really standard continue imo.

But you're not heads up. In fact we are 4 ways to this flop. HJ and CO most likely check their entire ranges over to the preflop aggressor (who you describe as being quite aggressive) and our call won't discourage them from overcalling with plenty of 1 pair hands. Even a check raise is better than a check call but I would be folding here.

As played, now that we're heads up, I don't mind check raising the turn since this is a card I'd expect him to barrel with a lot of his air, and we do also pick up equity. But we really shouldn't be getting here imo.

I agree, 3-bet 30 pre to thin the field. if they all call, check fold the flop. If you get heads up, SB the Flop. If you get 4bet, fold, unless you think Villain is capable of a 4 bet bluff with most of his stack.

As played Hero has to just fold to the raise.