$200 NLHE Full Ring: QQ on button facing 4-bet AI

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, so I posted a hand 2 days ago that was very similar to this one where I took pocket Queens against 2 villains with AK. Today, I am really in the cutoff instead of UTG, and again I have QQ. The table has been very soft, and BB has been playing a LOT of hands. He has $195 behind The button is a tourney player who just busted out of his tournament and is short stacked ($52).

Button straddles $5
SB folds $1
BB raises to $10
MP calls $10
Hero ($1200) raises to $55 with QQ
Button calls AI for $47
BB goes AI for $185 more
MP folds

I immediately thought of my previous hand. I use a 4-bet range of QQ+, AK and figure I am a 60-40 dog to the BB. I figure the button straddled and was shoving his short stack with any 2 cards, but him being there can't help me. I decided to fold.

My thought is, with $312 in the pot, and only having to put $140 more in to call, my pot odds probably make this a call with QQ, even though I am likely behind. Thoughts?

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very different spot due to straddle. BB effective stack is 39BB and I expect his 4-bet jam range is wider than 100BB equivalent.

Don't think you should fold QQ here.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is live $1/$2. With $195, I think BB effective stack is 97.5BB. I have 1200 behind.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never mind, I get your point. Straddle makes the effective BB $5, not $2.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you weigh your positional range from villains point of view, and your statement of "BB has been playing a LOT of hands. " that you will find your answer

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Agree. You should call with QQ
Rgds

G

G00fyAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap snap snap :)

Stacks are short already and there was dead money..QQ is ahead here soooo often.

I find a fold occasionally here, but only if my villian is Mr. NIT...

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks everyone for input here. I agree that I should have called QQ here. It's hard to fully portray reads of live games in this forum, but I would point out that BB $10 raise shows that he doesn't account for the straddle with his raise sizing. I don't think he views his stack as short compared to this hands blinds. This is after hand evaluation though, I wasn't thinking that as I folded.

I also don't think he knows the game enough to evaluate my positional 3-bet range. His 4-bet jam is probably a premium hand in his eyes. My read on him is someone who plays with blind aggression, but will go away with weakness if pushed back at. 4-bets for $195 stack in this game is rare, and means strength IMO.

I do think that these thoughts are very valuable as I move up in stakes. Sometimes I overthink things at these stakes. In this hand, I was thinking more in terms of what villains views as a premium range that he can put $185 dollars in and the simple pot odds of the hand. Is JJ in his range? Is AQs in his range? How does the buttons jam impact my decision?

This time, the button had 85 off and the BB had KK. The board ran out with two 8's in it and the button took it down. I still think I misplayed the hand though.

P

popluck777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

I was eliminated with KK for a QQ without knocking Q, nor flush

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bb is a loose player but did you see any of 4 bet shooving by him before.?

because he must know you got something unless he is a fish. I dont think he is gambling here or trying to steal pot here. 4bet shoove freq. is really important. You should decide according to that.