quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weekend live £1/1, full ring

HJ (V1): £80, Weak rec

SB (V2): £200, LAG-Maniac, 3bet with junks and very aggressive postflop if opponents show any weakness. Example: 3bet 52s squeeze large from SB against HJ open + CO caller, and don't afraid to barrel on dry board. Lost 1 buyin calling QTs 3bet OOP from EP in straddle pot where he check-raised on T93r against preflop aggressor (Hero with AA) small cbet and jammed brick turn.

BB (Hero): £320, TAG

HJ raised to £3, SB raised to £15 and BB raised to £35 with TT♠. HJ foled and SB called.

I think my 4bet size is too small, £40 perhaps better. Flat calling preflop is a more standard play but I don't mind 4bet TT especially against maniac.

Flop: (£73) A73

SB checked, BB bet £21, SB called.

This flop should hit my range better against maniac 4bet calling range. Not sure if I should check this hand against maniac who overbluff later street.

Turn: (£115) Q

SB checked. BB checked.

Don't want to bet fold here so check behind.

River: (£115) 5

SB snap-bet £75, BB folded

Perhaps tough spot here as I am not sure how wide villain would bluff on A high and 3-flush board. He could have Ax and random flush. I have many stronger combos like AJs,AK,A5s, A4s, KQs to call down with, apart from value hands AA/QQ/AQ

Thoughts?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're going to down bet flop then give up I would rather not 4 bet this hand. We should only be building a pot with hands we are comfortable going to war with. If this guy is squeezing 52s we are still ahead of a good portion of his range on this river given our small flop sizing and turn check back. As played I probably check turn and call river.

Alternatively we can flat the 3 bet and call flop. If HJ comes along both pre and flop we can probably fold to the turn double barrel. AP once we 4 bet (and I do prefer a 4 bet here) I agree we should size to $40 or so pre. $25 is fine on the flop. x turn, call river. If this guy had an Ace or a flush draw I think he would be piling in money on the flop. We are still behind Qx, some weird two pair hands, and a slow played monster but from the description I'm not sure this guy slow plays much at all. Like you said, he saw us show weakness checking back turn and snap bet large on the river. He could have 7x, 5x, 3x, some other under pair, or air here quite often.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're going to down bet flop then give up I would rather not 4 bet this hand. We should only be building a pot with hands we are comfortable going to war with. If this guy is squeezing 52s we are still ahead of a good portion of his range on this river given our small flop sizing and turn check back. As played I probably check turn and call river.

Alternatively we can flat the 3 bet and call flop. If HJ comes along both pre and flop we can probably fold to the turn double barrel. AP once we 4 bet (and I do prefer a 4 bet here) I agree we should size to $40 or so pre. $25 is fine on the flop. x turn, call river. If this guy had an Ace or a flush draw I think he would be piling in money on the flop. We are still behind Qx, some weird two pair hands, and a slow played monster but from the description I'm not sure this guy slow plays much at all. Like you said, he saw us show weakness checking back turn and snap bet large on the river. He could have 7x, 5x, 3x, some other under pair, or air here quite often.
I think you are right this villain is likely check-raising all flush draws and many Ax as he played the QTs hand which make his river value range very narrow.