$200 NLHE Full Ring: $ NLHE Full Ring: Live AA vs 2 LAG’s

E

Edwin Neal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Live $1/3

UTG - Villian LAG $600+ (Borderline Maniac)
UTG +1 - Hero TAG $266
Button - LAG 900+ (Borderline Maniac)

This hand was late at night, UTG and button were there to gamble and pretty much betting every street, every hand.

UTG raises to $16
Hero calls :as4::ah4:
MP calls
Button calls
Blinds fold

Flop (Pot $68)
:jh4::4h4::3s4:

UTG bets $35
Hero calls $35
MP folds
Button calls $35

Turn (Pot $173)
:2c4:

UTG checks
Hero checks
Button bets $35
UTG calls
Hero goes all in $35 + $180

Is attempting to trap two maniacs the right play here? Would you slowplay in this situation.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand what you are trying to do, but i don't think it is a great idea.

You need to raise preflop. Pop it to maybe around 50. UTG will probably call for sure, idk about button but based on your description he probably will. AA is a hand that you are going for value when you 3-bet and 4-bet, and this is definatley a value spot. Also, idk the table dynamics but, as you dont want a limp-fest, a 3-bet from you will get WAY more respect than his open.

On the flop, i really don't mind just a flat, although honestly I always fast play aces. If the guys are there to gamble, i wouldn't even worry about drawing odds against 2 hearts.

On the turn, you pick up a wheel draw, i'm fine with getting it in here against two lagtards. I would expect to see overplayed AJ or KJ, or probably 2 hearts. It is a spot that i expect to be way ahead in.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live $1/3

UTG - Villian LAG $600+ (Borderline Maniac)
UTG +1 - Hero TAG $266
Button - LAG 900+ (Borderline Maniac)

This hand was late at night, UTG and button were there to gamble and pretty much betting every street, every hand.

UTG raises to $16
Hero calls :as4::ah4:
MP calls
Button calls
Blinds fold

Flop (Pot $68)
:jh4::4h4::3s4:

UTG bets $35
Hero calls $35
MP folds
Button calls $35

Turn (Pot $173)
:2c4:

UTG checks
Hero checks
Button bets $35
UTG calls
Hero goes all in $35 + $180

Is attempting to trap two maniacs the right play here? Would you slowplay in this situation.

A few thoughts; Do you think your hand is the best here when called more than 50% of the time? When its called by both players? I think you played this hand very dangerously. If you plan is to trap, I think you take away their bluffs when you jam the river yourself. Your bet sizing is actually polarizing on the turn to 2 pair or better [mostly sets] - this is like turning aces into a bluff. While they may be borderline maniacs, are they really going to call a polarized bet with a worse hand more than 50% of the time?

Organize a Home Poker Game