$200 NLHE Full Ring: How to play AK on QQQ FLOP?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet from SB got 1 caller. Flop QQQ how do you procede on flop? Turn if called? Really weird spot. Thanks boys.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's no single answer for this without knowing more about your villain, what their range is, and stack sizes (i.e. an idea of what fold equity you might have in this spot). There's a good chance you're playing against a decent pair. If you check the flop, you're likely going to get bet into and will be in an even more awkward spot. Cbet is your best hope here and then probably fold on a raise or try to re-raise if you think they may be weak.

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely an interesting situation.. I agree with the comment above. With a C-bet, you'll at least have an idea of where you stand in the hand and can either get away from it if re-raised, or just take the pot down right then.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a lot of information to go on, but the question is, "What does Villain call a 3B with out of position?" 77+, AK, AQs, AJs is my guess. Hero blocks AK limiting Villai to 9 combos, 3 AA, 3 KK, 1 AQs, 6 JJ. This makes Hero a 33/66 dog. So it depends on what the stack to pot ratio is. If its 1 or less its an open shove. If its 2 or more its a fold.