$200 NLHE Full Ring: Baby flush still good on river?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero is (as usual) LAG table image, playing large stack (300bb+)
Villain is pretty new to the table, seems pretty solid imo. not much else on him.

Action folds to mp2, raises to 6
MP3, CO limp. bttn (villain) and SB fold
Hero calls in BB with 5s6s

Flop As 7s 8s, pot 37

hero bets 35
Mp2, mp3, co fold.
villain calls

Turn 9h, pot 107

Hero bets 75.
villain raises to 200
hero calls

river 2s

villain checks
hero checks.

Is checking back here going to lose value?

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like checking back here. I don't think sets or straights can call here with 4 to a flush. You only get called by a better hand.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like you flipped positions with the BTN on the river somehow, so some combination of the action and your positions are wrong.

I assume you were in fact in the BB in this hand, which means you weren't able to "check back" the river because you would have checked before the BTN. And yes, I'm definitely checking out of position there after getting raised on the turn and the fourth spade peeling off. I'm not even that excited about being raised on the turn in the first place, because honestly this seems like exactly how the BTN could play better made flushes - particularly the king high flush combos.

That being said, I do somewhat prefer a check raise on the flop to a lead. I like that we're trying to get value, but I think we face a bet pretty often on the flop, we'll still get to control the action, and we may even be able to get it in against AXxs combos that have top pair and a spade draw (but are in objectively bad shape against our hand).

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh dear im sorry. I was really tired when i wrote this. IDK what i was doing with that river, i forgot to proof read. Here is the actual river action:

Hero checks.
Villain bets 100.
Hero folds.

I will go back and edit, im so sorry lol.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No worries! That makes more sense. And I think generally without crazy reads that's a good fold as well.

Full Flush Poker