quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
£1/1 live game, full ring

UTG (Hero): ~150BB
UTG+2 (V1): 300BB+, new to the table, tourney regular, playing cash to pass time, should be more aggressive type
BB (V2): ~100BB, ABC player

UTG raised to £4 with AA

Flop:(£13) K93

BB checked. UTG bet £8, UTG+2 raised to £18. BB folded. UTG called.

Turn:(£49) J

UTG checked. UTG+2 bet £25. UTG folded.

1. How would you play this hand?
2. What hands would you bet-call or 3bet on the flop?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
£200 NLHE Full Ring: AA flop cbet facing raise OOP with range advantage SRP

This looks like your standard reverse-valuebetting situation where your villain valuebets for you. I think you realize the most value from the villain by checking behind the cbets to a showdown. Sometimes he will have a set or two pairs here, but he could very well be betting a top pair or a flush draw.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would play different, I would open £5 preflop (v1 would pay even £6) and check the flop, he probably will cbet and now I re-raise, if he pays and the J hits in the turn, man, I would make a pot bet and hope he fold his flush draws, KQ or, I would lose half or + of my money in that play if he have a straight or two pairs
UTG+2 also can have Q♥T♥ maybe 99, is hard to know because he had a bigger stack and his cbet range in position is unpredicable

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. I call turn, and x/c most rivers. We are only losing to sets, K9 and KJ. 1/2 pot OTT with straight and flush draws on board doesn't seem like strong made hand that wants to get value from all the draws to me. It seems like Kx or a draw trying to set their own price and pot control in position.
2. I bet call flush draws, Kx,, and overpairs OTF. I x/r 2 pair+