£200 NLHE Full Ring: 4-way K high flush decision on paired board with straight possibility

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
£200 NLHE Full Ring: 4-way K high flush decision on paired board with straight possibility

£1/1 live game, full ring

CO (Hero): £150 - quite new to the table, didn't open many hands
BTN: £100 - weak passive
SB: £100 - tight passive
BB: £150+ - a bit tricky, like limping with good hands and min-3bet with 44 IP

CO open to £3 with K9♦ , BTN, SB, BB all called.

Flop: (£12, 4 players)
T74

SB checked, BB donked £5, CO called, BTN called, SB called.

Turn: (£32, 4 players)

All checked.

River: (£32, 4 players)

SB leads £25 quickly, BB folded, CO ??

Questions:
1. Would you bet the turn ? What if BTN,SB or BB raise?
2. Would you raise on the river as played?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it absolutely fine and im just calling the river.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally would have raised the donk bet on the flop. Its a good spot to semi bluff, making it look like your trying to deny odds to draw to the flush.

As played, I think you can raise here for value. Did the SB really slow play a set for 2 streets? No raise on the flop or bet on the turn with a wet board? I think if he turned two pair, he should be betting the turn as well. I think he has a 3 and won't be able to fold to smaller sized raise.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise bigger pre. It's disastrous for us to be going 4way with this holding and it's mostly down to our sizing.

I just commented on a kind of similar hand actually and my advice is kind of the same... let's raise flop. This donk lead can be SOME strong holdings but for the most part it's a lot of one pair hands, and we have ALL the best 1 pair hands. Every strong Tx should be in our range as well as ALL the overpairs, and likely every set as well. All of those benefit from raising here vs this size, so let's also raise some of our good draws.

As played, the turn is kinda messed up... We let everyone in and now it's not a good card for our range at all and we really don't rep much by betting turn. I guess I'm checking but I'm just kicking myself for not raising flop really.

As played on river, I think it's a must raise. Nobody should have a boat. Nobody should have a straight. If they do, they are horrible in ways that are VERY unusual for live poker. (People tend to OVER protect those types of holdings on these wettish boards.)

If SB somehow got to the flop without 3betting TT, AND doesn't x/r flop AND doesn't lead turn... I mean, more power to him I guess. 77 is way more likely and STILL is super unlikely because come on... who doesn't check raise middle set on that board when there's 37 people still in this pot, including everyone's friends from 2 tables over?

It's far more likely we run into flushes here, and there are MANY worse ones available. It def sucks that so many Axdd are available but I think we can exploitatively min-raise/fold here.

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
£1/1 live game, full ring

CO (Hero): £150 - quite new to the table, didn't open many hands
BTN: £100 - weak passive
SB: £100 - tight passive
BB: £150+ - a bit tricky, like limping with good hands and min-3bet with 44 IP

CO open to £3 with K9♦ , BTN, SB, BB all called.

Flop: (£12, 4 players)
T74

SB checked, BB donked £5, CO called, BTN called, SB called.

Turn: (£32, 4 players)

All checked.

River: (£32, 4 players)

SB leads £25 quickly, BB folded, CO ??

Questions:
1. Would you bet the turn ? What if BTN,SB or BB raise?
2. Would you raise on the river as played?

I think any other option other than call is not good. A raise, when you are winning, probably folds both the button and bettor, while it also protects your stack in those rare cases you are actually beat. You also might get an overcall from the button on the river. Full house seems unlikely here due to no action on the turn.

Full Flush Poker