$200 NLHE 6-max: $200 NLHE 6-max: QQ vs unknown

P

PH03N1Xir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed)

SB ($92.80)
BB ($120)
UTG ($232)
MP ($208.95)
CO ($372.15)
Hero ($197)

Preflop: Hero is Button with QS, QD.
2 folds, CO raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, 2 folds, CO calls $12.

Flop: ($39) 7H, 7D, TS(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $30, CO calls $30.

Turn: ($99) 8D(2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($99) 2H(2 players)
CO bets $124, Hero...

M

metameg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm finding a call here. I suppose villain could have A7 maybe K7 suited, but other than that you have his range beat. I suppose he could have TT, which sucks, but I'm still finding a call against a rando opponent

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think queens will be good at least 1/3 of the time which makes this a call against unknown.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call, you underrepped your hand by checking on the turn

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By checking behind on the turn you induce bluffs so you have to call here with the top of you range which includes QQ. And yes it is not an ideal spot and yes the villain can have you beat.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot size CB makes this hand out of ordinary. I guess it polarizes hero's range also it looks non standard making hero to stand out. I don't quite get what villain is thinking about hero.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Co vs. Bttn preflop when it is folded around should get fairly lively, but i doubt he has K7, Q7. More likely hands with a 7 are A7 and J7. A7 is going to hold up a lot better versus a bttn 3-bet than K7 or something, J7 outclasses those hands as well because it can make a str8.

Co could open something like 76s, but we just have to hope he folded that to a 3-bet.

Villain can have TT, which would suck. I'm not that worried about 3-combos though. He could have AT, maybe KTs, not sure if he plays these like this though. Overbetting the river with a lone ten is stupid, he has some showdown value but not enough to be going for value, so why turn his hand into a bluff?

This river over-bet is pretty polarizing, a standard online nl200 player is not going to do this with AA, KK, as those hands still have showdown value, and it is hard for them to get called by, say, a lone ten for value.

I put him on AKo, AJs, call all the way.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed)

SB ($92.80)
BB ($120)
UTG ($232)
MP ($208.95)
CO ($372.15)
Hero ($197)

Preflop: Hero is Button with QS, QD.
2 folds, CO raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, 2 folds, CO calls $12.

Flop: ($39) 7H, 7D, TS(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $30, CO calls $30.

Turn: ($99) 8D(2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($99) 2H(2 players)
CO bets $124, Hero...

If I did this (and I will explain what I would have done different before I got to this point) I would have to make myself fold. Calling a reraise preflop he has to have been holding on to a pocket pair or maybe A7. At this point I think a higher poket pair or trip tens are likely, if not a patient play on the unbeatable quad 7's. Lots of people including myself disguise a monster (KK,AA) with only a smaller raise and I especially think this after he called a reraise 5x his raise.

I can also tell you something that would not have let him push me into this predicament. If you bet again after he checked on the turn, he is going to reveal to you how strong his hand is. A small bet, in my mind, would make him want to check raise to get a little more value. I think he would have seeing as he raised over $100 on the next opportunity. He would have been trying to do more than just steal, if you ask me. He might be trying to steal after he seen you check the turn though...

Think about this, always be doing something to try to get information. Sitting idle gives him the opportunity.

That's just what I say.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call, you underrepped your hand by checking on the turn

I agree the check back on the turn underreps the queens. Especially when you see that this is a cut off vs button 3 bet situation. Your 3 bets from the button should be a lot wider than just AK/QQ+ so villain could easily have a Tx hand here that is trying to get a very loose hero call from hands like AK hi or whatever.

I mean we could be losing to hands like 78s, 89s (straights & three of a kind), but those are just a few combos in his cut off range.

I wouldn't raise on the river for sure, but a call isn't too bad in this underrepped spot.